The Student Room Group

Lost faith in women

No offense to the women on here, but I am starting to believe that you are paying for sex in some form or the other.

I have been dumped by girls because I couldn't give them financial security.

Shunned by other girls because once they find out that I am don't have a lot to offer outside of my personality - by that materialistically. They choose another guy whose personality they like ahead of me, because they have that something extra or are more established.

Sitting here right now, frustrated - a girl I liked - opened up to her a bit - basically she has left me hanging now and it all seemed to have started to happen once she found out that I am not stable in my career (just graduated)

Trying very hard not to become bitter, but as the title says, has happened too many times fo me to ignore.

Scroll to see replies

You're hanging out with the wrong women.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
No offense to the women on here, but I am starting to believe that you are paying for sex in some form or the other.

I have been dumped by girls because I couldn't give them financial security.

Shunned by other girls because once they find out that I am don't have a lot to offer outside of my personality - by that materialistically. They choose another guy whose personality they like ahead of me, because they have that something extra or are more established.

Sitting here right now, frustrated - a girl I liked - opened up to her a bit - basically she has left me hanging now and it all seemed to have started to happen once she found out that I am not stable in my career (just graduated)

Trying very hard not to become bitter, but as the title says, has happened too many times fo me to ignore.

Accept that you don't need to have a girlfriend and you'll become a lot happier until you finally stumble across that perfect girl with big tits and is down for anal
Reply 3
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
You're hanging out with the wrong women.

Well please tell me where to find the right women.

I hear this expression so many times, but it seems like 90% of women I meet have an ulterior motive/a massive check list when showing interest.

If you fail one of their requirements, they will drop you like a hot potatoe.

I can understand why - they have choice.
Well please tell me where to find the right women.

I hear this expression so many times, but it seems like 90% of women I meet have an ulterior motive/a massive check list when showing interest.

If you fail one of their requirements, they will drop you like a hot potatoe.

I can understand why - they have choice.

Where are you meeting people?

I honestly don't do this and nor does anyone I know, so it sounds like you're hanging out with *******s
Reply 5
Original post by Oats
Accept that you don't need to have a girlfriend and you'll become a lot happier until you finally stumble across that perfect girl with big tits and is down for anal

That's the problem, everytime I am not looking and I think a girl is into me, there is always a catch.
Reply 6
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Where are you meeting people?

I honestly don't do this and nor does anyone I know, so it sounds like you're hanging out with *******s

Like most normal people, through friends -- hobbies etc
Like most normal people, through friends -- hobbies etc

Sounds like you've just had bad luck
You should have never had faith in the beginning OP. Women are human beings, not a religion, prophets or something to be worshipped. Stop putting them on a pedestal and just be yourself. Most of them do not wish for a servant as they're very capable beings themselves. They want a man.
Reply 9
Reply 10
Original post by Mickey O'Neil
You should have never had faith in the beginning OP. Women are human beings, not a religion, prophets or something to be worshipped. Stop putting them on a pedestal and just be yourself. Most of them do not wish for a servant as they're very capable beings themselves. They want a man.

I hear what you are saying.

It is just really depressing how they are basing my worth on how much money I earn or what I can give them. What about me? :rolleyes:

I am much more then my bank balance/materialism. Plus I am at a stage of my life where I am trying to establish myself, need to give me a break.
Reply 11
I hear what you are saying.

It is just really depressing how they are basing my worth on how much money I earn or what I can give them. What about me? :rolleyes:

I am much more then my bank balance/materialism. Plus I am at a stage of my life where I am trying to establish myself, need to give me a break.

This would be like me saying I've lost my faith in men because they only ever want me for sex. Yes, sadly we're going to come across materialistic women and men who use women for sex but we'll also come across materialistic men, women who are only using men for sex and, on the plus side, a whole lot of people who are neither of these things.

Dating is a minefield of potential partners and lots of them won't work out. Ce la vie. You just have to relax, stop viewing every person you start seeing as a potential life partner, enjoy finding out if you're right for each other and move on if you aren't.
The advice Mickey O'Neil is giving is very good. Take it. :smile:
thats because the nice girls are few and far between. Go fish.
Original post by ChickenMadness
thats because the nice girls are few and far between. Go fish.

Do you mean 'go figure'?
Original post by Anonymous Coward
Do you mean 'go figure'?

neh, I meant go fish for more girls haha. Like plenty of other fish in the sea.
Original post by ChickenMadness
neh, I meant go fish for more girls haha. Like plenty of other fish in the sea.

Oh, okay. That makes sense.
Ok yes base your whole judgement of billions of women on a couple you have dated, sounds good to me ...
Another one of these threads.
Reply 18
Original post by Horny Cabbage
Ok yes base your whole judgement of billions of women on a couple you have dated, sounds good to me ...

Do you know what, if I had better luck I would not be starting this thread.

I am basing my experience on 10+ girls.
Tbh men who are on their way to hating women probably come across badly - maybe your building resentment/feeling of inadequacy is tangible. That's gonna be a turn-off.

When you say you opened up to a girl you liked what do you mean? Did you whine about how you can't get a girl (not attractive) or talk about your finances?

If the latter, why open up about that early? Give a girl a chance to like you first and she'll probably get over any unticked boxes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending