The Student Room Group

Driving test TOMORROW!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MichaelYEAH
Ok, so I suffer from social anxiety and thinking about doing my test tomorrow makes me want to throw up.

Any tips for during my test? And any tips to stay calm? :smile:

Pull your self together. Ignore the examiner and just drive the car and think what the heck.
Reply 21
Original post by mcfc
Your welcome bud

Posted from TSR Mobile

Update: I failed! Wooo!

I got 5 minors and a major. The major was because I almost turned into a 'taxis and buses only' road. He had to verbally intervene, so it's a major. F***ing brilliant. I'm kicking myself for such a stupid mistake and I hate how i'm gonna have to put myself through it again. The rest of the test was SO easy too! My manueover was a bay park in the test centre car parking space too! ArGhHh!
Reply 22

I got 5 minors and a major. The major was because I almost turned into a 'taxis and buses only' road. He had to verbally intervene, so it's a major. F***ing brilliant. I'm kicking myself for such a stupid mistake and I hate how i'm gonna have to put myself through it again. The rest of the test was SO easy too! My manueover was a bay park in the test centre car parking space too! ArGhHh!

Holy ****, you failed! :hmmm:
You should have looked at the signs man, a stupid mistake like that made you fail and to retake the test again. Damn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by mcfc
Holy ****, you failed! :hmmm:
You should have looked at the signs man, a stupid mistake like that made you fail and to retake the test again. Damn

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, it was the definition of a 'brain fart'

He even said do right and I tried going left! :facepalm:
Reply 24
I know, it was the definition of a 'brain fart'

He even said do right and I tried going left! :facepalm:

People have failed for even smaller things such as missing an observation - don't get too hung up about it! Try and look up the possible test routes and know what time bus lanes are in operation - if you're taking the test on a Saturday you might be able to use them and show the examiner that you know what you're doing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by VSEPR
People have failed for even smaller things such as missing an observation - don't get too hung up about it! Try and look up the possible test routes and know what time bus lanes are in operation - if you're taking the test on a Saturday you might be able to use them and show the examiner that you know what you're doing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, i'm not talking about bus lanes, i'm talking about a specific road for taxis and buses into the high street, there were signs telling me not to go that way. I'm such a mug :frown:
Reply 26
Nah, i'm not talking about bus lanes, i'm talking about a specific road for taxis and buses into the high street, there were signs telling me not to go that way. I'm such a mug :frown:

Hold on a minute, where did you take your test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by mcfc
Hold on a minute, where did you take your test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeovil..
Reply 28
Yeovil..

Lol where's that? Haven't heard of that place. And it's coz I had to go past a taxi/bus lane as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by mcfc
Lol where's that? Haven't heard of that place. And it's coz I had to go past a taxi/bus lane as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

South-West England
Reply 30
South-West England

Oh right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Michael :smile:

Is it the theory test you are taking? I've just booked mine.

edit: oh ok, just seen your previous post. Commiserations buddy, it's not the end of the world!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

edit: oh ok, just seen your previous post. Commiserations buddy, it's not the end of the world!

I'm doing my theory soon! :biggrin:

Aww noo :frown: Have you booked another test yet?
Reply 33

Haha, I passed 2nd time for theory, only fitting I do it with my practical I guess?

Original post by tinkerbell_xxx

Aww noo :frown: Have you booked another test yet?

No, i'll either do it later or tomorrow, I want to have it at the same time because it was a really good time to do it!
Haha, I passed 2nd time for theory, only fitting I do it with my practical I guess?

No, i'll either do it later or tomorrow, I want to have it at the same time because it was a really good time to do it!

Good luck for next time :smile:

Did you go on any test routes with your instructor before your test?
Reply 35
Good luck for next time :smile:

Did you go on any test routes with your instructor before your test?

Yeah a few, he took me on one I'd never been on, so I won't make the same mistake again if i get the same route :colondollar:

Aww good luck to you! I've booked mine and it's just over a week away and I'm scared!! I really don't want to take it twice as it = more money :frown: How are you revising for it?

That's great! If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for your practicals and are you doing Manual or Auto? :biggrin:
Yeah a few, he took me on one I'd never been on, so I won't make the same mistake again if i get the same route :colondollar:

That's good! Try to do some more test routes before your next test!

Aww good luck to you! I've booked mine and it's just over a week away and I'm scared!! I really don't want to take it twice as it = more money :frown: How are you revising for it?

That's great! If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for your practicals and are you doing Manual or Auto? :biggrin:

Mine is next week eeek!
I'm using the theory disc from the AA and I use 2 different apps as well for the theory, how about you?

Good luck to you too!
Reply 38

The most annoying part is i've done SO many lessons. I've been doing them since last summer. I can't really remember the price. I'm doing manual and using my own car (if you use your own car lessons are cheaper usually).
That's good! Try to do some more test routes before your next test!

Mine is next week eeek!
I'm using the theory disc from the AA and I use 2 different apps as well for the theory, how about you?

Good luck to you too!

I use All-in-one driving test DVD. It's really good, and I use an app linked with the DVD too. Do you not use the official DSA book or whatever? I wanted to get it but my friends have said it's not that necessary.

The most annoying part is i've done SO many lessons. I've been doing them since last summer. I can't really remember the price. I'm doing manual and using my own car (if you use your own car lessons are cheaper usually).

Ahhh I see. I'll be doing auto :biggrin: Because I'm lazy haha.
Good luck with your next exam, you will pass this time!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending