The Student Room Group

Deferred Entry - Accept now?

Hi everyone,

So I am definitely taking a Gap Year and that is all planned out, but I am still not sure what course I want to do afterwards. I did apply for a few courses and got an achievable offer from my favourite Uni (deferred for 2015 entry) but before I confirm that as my Firm choice, I am worried about changing my mind and wanting to reapply again for 2015 entry during my gap year.

Can I still reapply and keep my offer? Or do I have to give that up to reapply as I wouldn't want to risk that place unless I really wanted to change :/

What are your experiences of gap years? Did you change what you wanted to do afterwards or stick with your deferred places?
Original post by Jowen96
Hi everyone,

So I am definitely taking a Gap Year and that is all planned out, but I am still not sure what course I want to do afterwards. I did apply for a few courses and got an achievable offer from my favourite Uni (deferred for 2015 entry) but before I confirm that as my Firm choice, I am worried about changing my mind and wanting to reapply again for 2015 entry during my gap year.

Can I still reapply and keep my offer? Or do I have to give that up to reapply as I wouldn't want to risk that place unless I really wanted to change :/

What are your experiences of gap years? Did you change what you wanted to do afterwards or stick with your deferred places?

If you reapply during your gap year then your deferred offer is automatically lost.

FWIW I took a gap year (doing voluntary work) and stuck with my original offer, but everyone's experience is different.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
If you reapply during your gap year then your deferred offer is automatically lost.

FWIW I took a gap year (doing voluntary work) and stuck with my original offer, but everyone's experience is different.

Ah okay, well thank you for the info, I think my college seems to presume everyone is just going straight to Uni so I find it difficult to understand what does and doesn't apply, but that helps :biggrin:

Yeah I guess so, thanks anyway :biggrin:

Quick Reply