The Student Room Group

My geography teacher is retireing,

He has also been my form tutor in Year 7 as well as my geography teacher then. His lesson was actually the first lesson that I ever attended after arriving at England and he is like the funniest teacher in the whole school. Maybe that's why I feel extra sad that he is retiring even though he hasn't actually taught me for that long (in year 7 and now in year 12).

I really want to get him a good retiring and leaving gift, but I can't seem to think what would be really good for him. I have considered maybe getting a box set of geographical dvds and documentaries kind of thing but I really don't know.

Any ideas?? D:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sungyun_1130
He has also been my form tutor in Year 7 as well as my geography teacher then. His lesson was actually the first lesson that I ever attended after arriving at England and he is like the funniest teacher in the whole school. Maybe that's why I feel extra sad that he is retiring even though he hasn't actually taught me for that long (in year 7 and now in year 12).

I really want to get him a good retiring and leaving gift, but I can't seem to think what would be really good for him. I have considered maybe getting a box set of geographical dvds and documentaries kind of thing but I really don't know.

Any ideas?? D:

Coloring pencils :tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Guren
Coloring pencils :tongue:

Spoiler

AHAHA that's a good one. Maybe I'll actually get him some as a joke.

I like the shaver idea, don't know why I thought it had to relate to geography. Will note it down! :smile: thank you
Original post by sungyun_1130
AHAHA that's a good one. Maybe I'll actually get him some as a joke.

I like the shaver idea, don't know why I thought it had to relate to geography. Will note it down! :smile: thank you

I know since i'm a geography student :tongue: What A levels are you taking? I have a concern that my geography teacher will leave as well since I have seen him training lots of other younger teachers!
Reply 4
Original post by Guren
I know since i'm a geography student :tongue: What A levels are you taking? I have a concern that my geography teacher will leave as well since I have seen him training lots of other younger teachers!

I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. :smile:
Reply 5
A globe?
Original post by Add!ction
A globe?

:lol: No that's far too standard and expected and where would he keep 200 globes if every student got that idea, although many of them are content with a box of chocolates or some aftershave.
Reply 7
Original post by Guren
:lol: No that's far too standard and expected and where would he keep 200 globes if every student got that idea, although many of them are content with a box of chocolates or some aftershave.

You could get a personalised gift, we got our IT teacher a mouse mat with a picture of the class on it.

Does he have any catchphrases or jokes that you could put on a mug?
You could get a personalised gift, we got our IT teacher a mouse mat with a picture of the class on it.

Does he have any catchphrases or jokes that you could put on a mug?

"It takes the earth 365 to complete one orbit, lets hope it takes much quicker for my tea to arrive" :tongue:
Reply 9
A globe?

Ah a classic geography gift. :smile: There are many types of globes out there; I actually have one that works with magnets and the globe just sort of seems to levitate in between. I may find some really cool ones. Thank you, I will consider the idea :smile:
Reply 10
one of those jigsaws with different countries ?

mappuzzle.jpg

:dontknow:
Reply 11
Honestly a heartfelt card will be really appreciated.
Reply 12
You could all band together and get him a really good present.

Or how about a home made present - perhaps a well-edited video where you've interviewed lots of current (and former?) students and teachers about what he had meant to them and how he has inspired them?
Reply 13
Original post by the bear
one of those jigsaws with different countries ?

mappuzzle.jpg

:dontknow:

It would be better if they had the countries names on them as well :biggrin: I don't know how he does with puzzles but thank you I'll add that to my list :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Luxray
Honestly a heartfelt card will be really appreciated.

Will definitely write him one. It could be from the whole class :smile: thank you
Reply 15
Original post by Crumpet1
You could all band together and get him a really good present.

Or how about a home made present - perhaps a well-edited video where you've interviewed lots of current (and former?) students and teachers about what he had meant to them and how he has inspired them?

I get a bit shy when it comes to those kind of things haha :smile: But I guess that will be really nice and sentimental. thank you I'll see what I can do!
Reply 16
An electric shaver would be a very unusual gift indeed, unless of course he's got the stuck in the 60's hippy look that you'll find when you get to uni.

Just go with a card, and/or a could of blue planet dvds, although if he's any good he'll have seen them already.
I'll write up a 40 mark geography essay and you can hand that into him to mark :rofl: He will appreciate the geography when he sees it :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by pjm600
An electric shaver would be a very unusual gift indeed, unless of course he's got the stuck in the 60's hippy look that you'll find when you get to uni.

Just go with a card, and/or a could of blue planet dvds, although if he's any good he'll have seen them already.

I think I could still get him some blue planet dvds even though he's watched them, they are a definite must keep! thank you :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Guren
I'll write up a 40 mark geography essay and you can hand that into him to mark :rofl: He will appreciate the geography when he sees it :tongue:

hahaha I'm not really sure if I'll be able to get those marks! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending