The Student Room Group

I am tired of eating rice everyday!!!!

I want to eat other carbohydrates that are not rice. I have had to deal with eating rice everyday for 17 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Why????
Reply 2
potato (In a stereotypical Irish accent)
Reply 3
It comes with being Chinese my friend
Original post by MASTER265
It comes with being Chinese my friend

Lol. I am african.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pasta, pasta is glorious.

I'm also fond of couscous, as long as it's with other things because it's kind of bland.

And potatoes but they're not as good as pasta.
Reply 6
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Lol. I am african.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yam Yam?
Reply 7
I'm guessing it's what your family cooks? Why not ask for certain meals instead?
Reply 8
Couscous is delicious, really easy to prepare too and you can put in some lemon juice and coriander. It goes with pretty much anything with a sauce, like chilli or curry or stew or some random thing with passata, and you can have it cold as a salad :biggrin:
Reply 9
Found this nice blog which has ideas for some tasty and easy to make foods... the hot choc looks amazing! http://www.froodom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/perfect-hot-chocolate-not-everyday-stuff.html
Reply 10
Original post by MASTER265
Yam Yam?

Brummie?
Reply 11
I don't like rice, I hardly ever eat it.

If you want different carbs just eat potatoes or pasta or pastry or bread. Or, just don't eat carbs and eat more veg instead.
Original post by AlphaNick
I don't get it? are you being FORCED to eat rice? or are you unable to COOK other carbohydrates?

For all I know, my advice is to get out of the prison you're in, probably a hammer will chip away at the rock - then once you reach the souper market u can make pasta and finall you'll be <<FREE>>

Can't be free if you need to buy them yourself.
Rice is the easiest carbohydrate to make. Cooks in half an hour. Simple. Other carbohydrates take longer to cook.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rice is the easiest carbohydrate to make. Cooks in half an hour. Simple. Other carbohydrates take longer to cook.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have bread instead then?
Reply 15
Original post by cole-slaw
Brummie?

Nope cockney

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pasta takes 12 minutes. So does spaghetti (although getting that in the pan is slightly harder).
This takes 5 minutes.

roasted_veg.png

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pasta actually cooks faster than 30 mins.
Also rice does not take 30 mins to cook. it takes 10-15 at the most unless you cook brown rice which takes ages, yeah.
Reply 19
Fresh pasta cooks in 5 minutes. Pastry bakes in no time at all. Potatoes take anywhere from 10 minutes to 1hr depending on how you cook them.

rice is probably the hardest carb to cook actually.

Quick Reply

Latest