The Student Room Group

girls would you date a psychopath?

Scroll to see replies

Im a psychopath too OP. I'd kill to go on a date but no one wants too. I don't know why. :frown:
Reply 21
Obvious troll is obvious.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
I just want sex from a relationship, dominant sex that is.

Not TSR.
Reply 23
I very much doubt a psychopath would care if anyone wanted to date them. I've no idea why that could be.
Reply 24
big fat NO
Reply 25
Can't afford two psychos in a relationship, can we?
Reply 26
Original post by Abigail Tompsett
That is a bit harsh u know,
Yea he may be in it for the sex so no I wouldn't date him; but I wouldn't date any guy that was just in it for the sex. But mental health isn't something that should be made fun of or reacted to like that, don't be insensitive about it and your making a huge stereo-type

You have got to be kidding me ?!!! Psychopaths are sick human beings that kill, torture, rape, mentally **** other people and you can defend them.
Reply 27
Original post by MASTER265
You have got to be kidding me ?!!! Psychopaths are sick human beings that kill, torture, rape, mentally **** other people and you can defend them.

Lol, not all of them do. Something like 3% of the Pop are, some of them actually earn more than 12 grand a year. Not many though. Wouldn't surprise me if more women actually had it.

your being extremly stereo typical... not all people with a mental health problem are going to be murderers and rapists??
i think your the one with the bigger problem in that you need to get it out of your head that not all 'Psychopaths' are going to kill and rape
Reply 29
your being extremly stereo typical... not all people with a mental health problem are going to be murderers and rapists??
i think your the one with the bigger problem in that you need to get it out of your head that not all 'Psychopaths' are going to kill and rape

My god, I will finish with a compliment for my admiration towards your opinion- you have the IQ range of a crumpet and the charisma of a rock
Isn't literally every TSRian socially inept doe?

I'm guessing you're one of those people who gets extra time in their exams.
Reply 32
Original post by InkedPhoenix
Anti social personality disorder and Psychopathy are two completely different diagnoses.

I suggest you check your diagnoses again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're wrong. Both the DSM and ICD state that the diagnosis of 'Anti Social Personality Disorder' is also referred to as 'Psychopathy' or sometimes 'Sociopathy'.
I have found that some people confuse 'Psychopathy' and 'Psychosis', which is a loss of contact with reality, and something unrelated.

N.B. Some professionals distinguish between sociopathy and psychopathy, stating that sociopaths can bluff their way through life and appear as though they're well-adjusted into society, whereas psychopaths cannot. There is no official separation of the two terms, though.

__

Near enough everybody knows a psychopath, even if they don't know that they know one. People fall in love with psychopaths without knowing they're doing it. Psychopaths are perfectly capable of functioning within society, even if they would not care if they hurt someone else, they might not have a reason to. Many psychopaths come off as more charming than average, as they don't feel bad about lying or acting falsely, although the facade may break down if you get to know them over a long period of time. Whether psychopaths feel true love or not is still arguable, they can certainly prefer one person to another, especially if one person is giving them something they want.
My psychiatrist said my diagnosis is aspd and psychopathy

Ok that makes more sense if you have a double diagnoses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Venam
You're wrong. Both the DSM and ICD state that the diagnosis of 'Anti Social Personality Disorder' is also referred to as 'Psychopathy' or sometimes 'Sociopathy'.
I have found that some people confuse 'Psychopathy' and 'Psychosis', which is a loss of contact with reality, and something unrelated.

N.B. Some professionals distinguish between sociopathy and psychopathy, stating that sociopaths can bluff their way through life and appear as though they're well-adjusted into society, whereas psychopaths cannot. There is no official separation of the two terms, though.

__

Near enough everybody knows a psychopath, even if they don't know that they know one. People fall in love with psychopaths without knowing they're doing it. Psychopaths are perfectly capable of functioning within society, even if they would not care if they hurt someone else, they might not have a reason to. Many psychopaths come off as more charming than average, as they don't feel bad about lying or acting falsely, although the facade may break down if you get to know them over a long period of time. Whether psychopaths feel true love or not is still arguable, they can certainly prefer one person to another, especially if one person is giving them something they want.

Well maybe you would like to have this debate with my psychiatrist as I have on many occasions... Either way Psychopaths and Sociopaths are NOT interchangeable.

Sociopaths are usually diagnosed with ASPD and Psychopaths are often misdiagnosed as Sociopaths.

I myself have Borderline Personality Disorder and was misdiagnosed for years as having chronic depression.

I also have bipolar which people think is the same but is not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by InkedPhoenix
Well maybe you would like to have this debate with my psychiatrist as I have on many occasions... Either way Psychopaths and Sociopaths are NOT interchangeable.

Sociopaths are usually diagnosed with ASPD and Psychopaths are often misdiagnosed as Sociopaths.

I myself have Borderline Personality Disorder and was misdiagnosed for years as having chronic depression.

I also have bipolar which people think is the same but is not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stick by what I said.
Not sure how your diagnosis is relevant.

Here it is again:
"Some professionals (apparently including your psychiatrist and many others) distinguish between sociopathy and psychopathy, stating that sociopaths can bluff their way through life and appear as though they're well-adjusted into society, whereas psychopaths cannot. There is no official separation of the two terms, though."

It's a professional choice to distinguish between sociopaths and psychopaths, but both suggest a diagnosis of Antisocial Personality Disorder.

The ICD calls it 'Dissocial Personality Disorder', it's F 60.2 here:
http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2010/en#/F60-F69
Under the description of 'Dissocial Personality Disorder', essentially the same as the DSM's 'Antisocial Personality Disorder', both 'Psychopath' and 'Sociopath' are listed but not differentiated.

The DSM uses the 'Antisocial Personality Disorder' name, it's 301.7 here:
http://behavenet.com/dsm-iv-tr-numerical-listing-codes-and-diagnoses
You can find it and compare it to the ICD description of Dissocial Personality Disorder.
'Psychopathy' and 'Sociopathy' are not part of the numerical listing, because neither one is its own disorder... they're both used as references to ASPD.

((There are pages referred to for both of these on the ASPD page, though, as they are frequently used terms, but lets see what they say...
http://behavenet.com/psychopathic
This one just links you back to ASPD or other terms with 'Psychopath' in them. These are the 'other terms':
http://behavenet.com/psychopath
http://behavenet.com/psychopathy
They are both mentioned as common ways of referring to ASPD.
http://behavenet.com/sociopathy and http://behavenet.com/sociopath and http://behavenet.com/sociopathic all link back to ASPD too))
I'm a firm believer that people shouldn't be judged based on their mental health. I also think this is a hard question to answer hypothetically, because the word "psychopath" automatically causes people's alarm bells to ring, however, without knowing someone and knowing the extremity of their mental health problem, I feel like you can't necessarily answer yes or no.
That being said, you've stated that you're violent and that you're just interested in sex, so no, I wouldn't date you.
My god, I will finish with a compliment for my admiration towards your opinion- you have the IQ range of a crumpet and the charisma of a rock

and you have an IQ of a spoon and a charisma of a tree...
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I'm guessing you're one of those people who gets extra time in their exams.

aha... wow... ta muchly :tongue:
not heard that variation of someone saying im special... u get a special medal for originality there :wink:
Psychopathy is a mental health problem called anti social personality disorder. I have severe antisocial personality disorder. Would you date me, or someone else with aspd?

Edgy teen alert :facepalm2:

If you were an actual psychopath, you just would not be asking this question, not only would you not be asking this question, you would have learned not to tell the girls with whom you are trying to have sex that you are one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending