The Student Room Group

Advice?

Anon because someone I know is on this site and I don't want them to know that i'm actually posting about this.

Basically, I met this girl, we got on pretty well. She thought I was a 'lad' (i'm the opposite). Anyway, after much flirtation we finally got with eachother at hers. Then the day after she was all like 'I don't think we should be in a relationship'. I was kinda sad, but I wasn't that down because it was early days.

She then denies ever getting with me to people and they all believe me (i'm trustworthy). She ends up leaving our school. *FAST FORWARD TO THE MORE RECENT PAST*.

We kept in contact, only a little bit. She then comes to a party in October and we end up getting with eachother again. She says she has a soft spot for me that comes out more when she's drunk.

We then keep contact, on and off and whenever she's down she always hints at meeting up (9 times outta 10 we won't). She always talks to me about all these different guys who are pyning for her attention and always pretends to like me, to get me to say I like her, for her to then reject it.

At this point, i'm wondering if I should just cut it off with her, remain friends or try and 'tap' dat.

Personally, I wouldn't care either way, she's not that great of a friend.
The minute someone starts plays games - end it.

Make that a rule to yourself.

I swear we all complicate this stuff too much. When someone is genuinely into someone else they rarely play these games, and they don't 'hint' at dates they make it clear that they're interested.

I had a girl text me today to organise a new meet up after she cancelled what we had planned this week for a legit reason.
She texted me, without me texting her at all - Which indicates that she wants the date.
Should she cancel again, will I go back and text her? Hell no.

No time for games. Make it a rule, save yourself lots of hassle.
She's not a great friend, so why try and be friends at all?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous Coward
The minute someone starts plays games - end it.

Make that a rule to yourself.

I swear we all complicate this stuff too much. When someone is genuinely into someone else they rarely play these games, and they don't 'hint' at dates they make it clear that they're interested.

I had a girl text me today to organise a new meet up after she cancelled what we had planned this week for a legit reason.
She texted me, without me texting her at all - Which indicates that she wants the date.
Should she cancel again, will I go back and text her? Hell no.

No time for games. Make it a rule, save yourself lots of hassle.
She's not a great friend, so why try and be friends at all?

Thanks man :smile:

Quick Reply