The Student Room Group

How should I prepare?

For my A levels I'm taking Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths Statistics. I know that A levels are a big step up from GCSE so is there anything I can do over the summer to prepare? I really wan to do well because I really want to go on to study medicine! :smile: thanks!
Reply 1
Maths would be the easiest to get ahead with; there's so many online resources, such as examsolutions.net (so you don't even need the textbook). You could probably finish the first unit of maths (C1) over the summer if you tried, meaning when you start, not only will you be ahead but it will relieve a lot of work load meaning you can spend more time on the other subjects.

Also you could buy your textbooks slightly earlier and read over the material, but generally look at the specifications for your subjects before you start and then look up what's on them.

But really it's not a big deal if you don't get a "head start" but it will make the "jump" from GCSE to A level a lot more manageable if you read ahead. It's not as bad as everyone says
Reply 2

Quick Reply

Latest