The Student Room Group

To all you ladies out there, would you date a muslim?

Poll

Would you date a muslim?

I'm sure you've all heard the horror stories, muslim man dating white girl, usually he either forces her to live an islamic lifestyle or dumps her for a muslim girl, preferably a virgin. So considering all this would you still date a muslim? Do you know any happy muslim man white girl couples?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, no I would not. I know that sounds incredibly racist.. But as a catholic, I fear our cultures are too different.

EDIT: someone pointed out Catholicism and Islam are apparently very similar. I suppose it's not just the religion then, rather culture as a whole. I wouldn't be willing to acknowledge many Muslim laws; I wouldn't be willing to convert. I'm also not particularly strict, as far as religious people go, but I don't know what kind of effect this would have. I'm just not very comfortable with the attitudes displayed by pretty much every Muslim man I've encountered regarding women. Albeit, it hasn't been many, but enough for me to be put off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I think you mean non Muslim girls not white since they can be white and Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't because of the culture clash and no I don't know any happy Muslim and white girl couples
Reply 4
Really, the amount of stories that have become classified as "horror" these days...

Probably date if they were really nice, but not marry.

I do know of a couple, but idk if they're happy. I'd assume so, since they're still together.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Sorry, no I would not. I know that sounds incredibly racist.. But as a catholic, I fear our cultures are too different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Culture does not equal Islam lol if that was the case you would go out with a Pakistani catholic? It's not racist btw and I think you meant your religion needs you to stick to your religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MidnightDream
I wouldn't because of the culture clash and no I don't know any happy Muslim and white girl couples

See my other post I think you mean religious rules ie no drinking and the such.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can it be racist? You do realize that Muslim is not a race.

Posted from TSR Mobile

as a Roman Catholic..
Islam and Catholocism are the two closest religions in the world, our Bible is closer to the Qur'an than the Christian versions of the Bible :smile: peace be upon you sister
and to answer the OP.. of course, I'm in love with an amazing Muslim man :colondollar:
Islam is simply beautiful
Reply 9
I know a bloke in the hockey team whose family hail from Pakistan (originally). He drinks like a fish, bothers all the girls in the clubs and is a superb bloke. His girlfriend is an awesomely gawjus girl of Britishy origin.
Original post by KaylaMary
as a Roman Catholic..
Islam and Catholocism are the two closest religions in the world, our Bible is closer to the Qur'an than the Christian versions of the Bible :smile: peace be upon you sister
and to answer the OP.. of course, I'm in love with an amazing Muslim man :colondollar:
Islam is simply beautiful

Inb4 you've been indoctrinated or you've been shot with a muslamic ray gun lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Machop

This it's not racist to dislike Muslims ffs but it is racist to not like someone because they are black/Pakistani etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on how attractive they are. And if they were willing to discuss why they believe in things rather than just 'because the quran says so'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Also - Nasser Hussain. And his parents.
Original post by Numan786
Inb4 you've been indoctrinated or you've been shot with a muslamic ray gun lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

or maybe I've read the Qur'an and I know :bigsmile:
seriously.. get a life dude.
or maybe I've read the Qur'an and I know :bigsmile:
seriously.. get a life dude.

Lol I said inb4 as in someone will probably give that reply to you I'm Muslim :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I said inb4 as in someone will probably give that reply to you I'm Muslim :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry I don't understand? :confused:
assalam alaikum then.
Original post by Machop

This it's not racist to dislike Muslims ffs but it is racist to not like someone because they are black/Pakistani etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know.. I just couldn't think of the word.. It's not religionist..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't not date somebody just because they were Muslim, but realistically I'd be unlikely to date a Muslim, especially a really devout one. I wouldn't want to convert myself and so if there was that expectation with a serious relationship I wouldn't like it. Again in a serious relationship, I wouldn't want my children to be obliged to become religious. In more casual relationships, I feel like there could be difficulties over the rules of Islam.
There's also the fact that most Muslims are not white and, without any racism being involved, I tend to find white men most attractive just in the same way that I prefer dark hair over blond hair.
sorry I don't understand? :confused:
assalam alaikum then.

Walaikum salaam nd I meant that I was saying someone would reply to you with those things because of the hate for
Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest