The Student Room Group

Hi
(edited 10 years ago)
You have very good A Level grades, so that can only help you, but as you presumably know, US Admissions to places like Stanford go beyond grades. I think that if your essays, reference, EC's, etc, are good, then you have a decent chance.

Bear in mind that Stanford are not need-blind for internationals, so if you ask for financial aid, it would decrease your chances of getting an offer.
Reply 2
Original post by ThatPerson
You have very good A Level grades, so that can only help you, but as you presumably know, US Admissions to places like Stanford go beyond grades. I think that if your essays, reference, EC's, etc, are good, then you have a decent chance.

Bear in mind that Stanford are not need-blind for internationals, so if you ask for financial aid, it would decrease your chances of getting an offer.

I g
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HedgeMan
I wouldn't be asking for financial aid, at least not from Stanford directly. Do you think it would be of concern to Stanford that I took 2 years off education if I can prove that I spent that time productively? I started uni this year but left as I didn't enjoy my course, and plan on spending next year doing my SAT's, learning to programme, and hopefully getting work at a tech company.

I don't know. However, try asking on College Confidential - it's essentially the US version of TSR, and they'll be able to answer your questions better than I can.
Reply 4
Original post by ThatPerson
I don't know. However, try asking on College Confidential - it's essentially the US version of TSR, and they'll be able to answer your questions better than I can.

Ok, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest