The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy work experience while studying the access course

Hi there. Im new to this site so i apologise in advance if im posting in the wrong place!
Anyway, im going to college in september to study the access to higher education course as i want to go on to become a physiotherapist.
The thing im struggling with is getting any work experience. I have written to my local trust and awaiting reply but in the meantime i have tried sports clubs, private physiotherapy clinics, health centres...everywhere.
I know work experience in physiotheray itself its basically non-existent, so does anyone have any suggestions on what other kind of work experience i could do that will help me along that route? I dont just want to do something random for the sake of it if its not going to benefit my studies.
Thanks guys!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Well you could do community care, that way you are assisting with a diverse range of people with all kinds of abilities and disabilities. Physiotherapy, I should think, encourages independence and you are right there with community care. It is something to think about, it will benefit your studies, as it is first hand 'people skills.' Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending