The Student Room Group

Re: Got a PwC grad offer - ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jay2013
Is it Sustainability & Climate Change? Or am I way, way off?

Think it is/should be, thats what I got when I googled it
Original post by PrincePauper
sorry?

ibanking forum if im not mistaking you for someone else...?
Why not Goldman Sachs F/O - S&T though? #Weak. If you're not working in a $1bn+ HF by the end of the week.. peak.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by welcometoib
ibanking forum if im not mistaking you for someone else...?

I think you are :confused:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Why not Goldman Sachs F/O - S&T though? #Weak. If you're not working in a $1bn+ HF by the end of the week.. peak.

I've seen a tons of your posts around here and most of them are full of ****

Pipe down.
Reply 25
Congratulations!

I would love to get into pwc for a graduate program but damn it wasn't written in the stars.

Good luck to you. I might consider applying again given that I have a year experience in the PE industry
Original post by Cutmeloose

Pipe down.

Reference or no proof.
Reply 27
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Reference or no proof.

You are, by far, one of the most conceited, terrible posters on TSR.
Also, what kind of solipsistic dimwit puts his school's A level average in his profile, merely in order to make his look better?
Original post by Iridescenzo
You are, by far, one of the most conceited, terrible posters on TSR.
Also, what kind of solipsistic dimwit puts his school's A level average in his profile, merely in order to make his look better?

That's no objective analysis, your conclusion is subjective and based on conjecture. It connotes that I'm an above average student, given the circumstances. I'll do as I please, it's a free country.
Tried googling it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but because I live in France, it's quite hard to get english/american google results.
Original post by i-love-coffee
Yes but because I live in France, it's quite hard to get english/american google results.

no problem. Just use google.co.uk as opposed to google.fr, changing results to english
I think you are :confused:

it is you... but dw, no need to say anything, np
it is you... but dw, no need to say anything, np

who am i supposed to be? :s-smilie:
Reply 33
What do you actually do day-to-day in consultancy?

P.s Congratulations!
who am i supposed to be? :s-smilie:

lol either youre trolling or im slow... Do/did you not post regularly in the ib and c official summer internship thread? I saw your posts, so I was jw how you got along that's all :smile:
Original post by Cutmeloose

Pipe down.

lololololol, man I missed tsr lol. Hope I retain the ability to stay on here for two more years lol, too much banter
lol either youre trolling or im slow... Do/did you not post regularly in the ib and c official summer internship thread? I saw your posts, so I was jw how you got along that's all :smile:

oh i see. yeh got an offer, but the grass is always greener, plus leveraging for a higher starting
Reply 37
Original post by Crazy92
What do you actually do day-to-day in consultancy?

P.s Congratulations!

Thanks!

For those who were asking - yes it is Sustainability and Climate Change - quite a small and relatively new sector there.

Sorry Crazy92 I can't answer this all that accurately as I haven't actually accepted or started consulting yet! But I know in this specific sector, there are two halves - one working with private businesses to measure and reduce carbon footprints etc, and one with public sectors on projects with the likes of DFID. From what I've heard from those I was able to ask, when you start off there is usually less client contact whilst you are trained up and learning the ways of the work etc - but other than that I can't really give you a day-in-the-life just yet, apologies!
Reply 38
Original post by RedArrow
Congratulations!

I would love to get into pwc for a graduate program but damn it wasn't written in the stars.

Good luck to you. I might consider applying again given that I have a year experience in the PE industry

Great idea. Companies like PwC, i get the impression, really appreciate those people who are determined and persistent to get in - it shows real drive which they value. For example, they really appreciated that I travelled a lot to and from all the various rounds of interviews whilst in a particularly busy exam and dissertation period (being at a foreign uni with different timetables) - and they made it clear that they valued this, so I feel reapplying will only make your application stronger, especially with relevant experience (which will also give you new things to talk about in your competency questions - of which there are sooooo many!)

Best of luck next time around!
Reply 39
Original post by scruples2040
Great idea. Companies like PwC, i get the impression, really appreciate those people who are determined and persistent to get in - it shows real drive which they value. For example, they really appreciated that I travelled a lot to and from all the various rounds of interviews whilst in a particularly busy exam and dissertation period (being at a foreign uni with different timetables) - and they made it clear that they valued this, so I feel reapplying will only make your application stronger, especially with relevant experience (which will also give you new things to talk about in your competency questions - of which there are sooooo many!)

Best of luck next time around!

Great advice! Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending