The Student Room Group

New career?

iv always wanted to do cabin crew, and last year i did it and while i loved it there were parts (the hours) i just didnt like and it was too much and tiresome. so having spent all my life wanting to do that and now tried it im stuck, i have no idea what to do now and dont want to spend my life working as a sales advisor( mainly what i done in the past to gain experience) any good ideas? have the usual C in maths english amoung others, not been uni.
Original post by phil2
iv always wanted to do cabin crew, and last year i did it and while i loved it there were parts (the hours) i just didnt like and it was too much and tiresome. so having spent all my life wanting to do that and now tried it im stuck, i have no idea what to do now and dont want to spend my life working as a sales advisor( mainly what i done in the past to gain experience) any good ideas? have the usual C in maths english amoung others, not been uni.

Do you like sales or just see it as a way to pay the bills? Perhaps you could still stay in aviation and seek a corporate role with BA, Virgin or some other major carrier?
Reply 2
i want to stay local to were i live too got a lot of things going on at the moment, aviation is a lot of early hours too. sales is ok wouldnt say id love to do it but at the same time you usually earn commision so moneys much more.
What things do you like? Gonna have to know more to recommend something.

Do you like administration?
Do you like children?
Do you like construction?
Do you want to go to university?
Reply 4
admin would be ok yeah i know some dont like sitting in a office all day but i would try it, no customers and sit down sounds good lol but i have no experience? i do not like children, i wouldnt say construction im too small and skinny haha not been uni either no not going to go lol i do like animals but again its skills, i dont have any experience with them etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by phil2
admin would be ok yeah i know some dont like sitting in a office all day but i would try it, no customers and sit down sounds good lol but i have no experience? i do not like children, i wouldnt say construction im too small and skinny haha not been uni either no not going to go lol i do like animals but again its skills, i dont have any experience with them etc.

Would you be willing to do unpaid experience or an apprenticeship or is that out of the question? Depending on the admin job stress the transferable skills from working as part of a cabin crew.
Reply 6
i wouldnt no, i know i sound silly but i need to be paid, have things to pay for lol
Original post by phil2
i wouldnt no, i know i sound silly but i need to be paid, have things to pay for lol

Doesn't sound that silly to me :tongue:

Depending on your outgoings you could do an apprenticeship? That way you get paid and get the training.

http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/types-of-apprenticeships.aspx

Admin can be quite competitive so it might be difficult to get a regular job in admin but you can still try.
Reply 8
thing is with apprenticeships the pay though its equvelent to like £2 an hour or 3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending