The Student Room Group

Of Mice and Men Quotes

I have about 20+ quotes for Lennie alone in Of mice and men, I have even found more I want to learn because I feel as though they are all important. I think by the end of it I will have 40+ quotes for just Lennie when I also need to learn quotes from other characters. My problem is I do not have a good memory, so I think I would not be able to learn all of these, plus the other quotes by May (my Eng Lit OMAM exam). Baring in mind that I do not know what question is going to come up and I need to learn quotes for every theme too.

How many quotes should I have for each character to help me answer the question in the exam effectively?
Reply 1
Original post by nathaniakyra
I have about 20+ quotes for Lennie alone in Of mice and men, I have even found more I want to learn because I feel as though they are all important. I think by the end of it I will have 40+ quotes for just Lennie when I also need to learn quotes from other characters. My problem is I do not have a good memory, so I think I would not be able to learn all of these, plus the other quotes by May (my Eng Lit OMAM exam). Baring in mind that I do not know what question is going to come up and I need to learn quotes for every theme too.

How many quotes should I have for each character to help me answer the question in the exam effectively?

For each topic you want to have about 4 quotes so you can back your answer up. When I did Of Mice and Men it was all about Curley and his wife and for each point I made I used about 3-4 quotes. Also some of the quotes will probably cover more then one theme so don't worry about remembering too many.

Also I find when I've read the book a few times/watched the film I tend just to remember really important quotes.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by B4321
For each topic you want to have about 4 quotes so you can back your answer up. When I did Of Mice and Men it was all about Curley and his wife and for each point I made I used about 3-4 quotes. Also some of the quotes will probably cover more then one theme so don't worry about remembering too many.

Also I find when I've read the book a few times/watched the film I tend just to remember really important quotes.

Good luck!

Thank You! But just a question, one point you made = one paragraph?
Reply 3
Original post by nathaniakyra
Thank You! But just a question, one point you made = one paragraph?

Yes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending