The Student Room Group

How much work is everyone doing?

Question is in the title tbh... but just wanted to know approximately how many hours of revision is everyone doing for their A Levels

Especially those that are doing math chem and bio.
Reply 1
Maths, chem, bio and english :biggrin:

Maths - nothing yet :P
Chem - have sorted my notes, now on past paper a day, aprox.
Bio - ditto Chem
English - nothing yet either...
Original post by juliam
Maths, chem, bio and english :biggrin:

Maths - nothing yet :P
Chem - have sorted my notes, now on past paper a day, aprox.
Bio - ditto Chem
English - nothing yet either...

How have you sorted your chem notes, if you dont mind me asking, and are you doing AS or A2?
Reply 3
I'm trying to do 3 hours per subject (maths, politics, French) during these holidays but I don't think I've even done 3 hours altogether this week... procrastination is taking its toll:doh:
Reply 4
Original post by StressedStudent0
How have you sorted your chem notes, if you dont mind me asking, and are you doing AS or A2?

By Unit, and order in the textbook as for OCR that's a logical one! I'm doing A2 this year - wasn't anywhere near as organised when doing AS and consequently am resitting Unit 2.
Original post by sammyruse
I'm trying to do 3 hours per subject (maths, politics, French) during these holidays but I don't think I've even done 3 hours altogether this week... procrastination is taking its toll:doh:

3 hours per subject per day? and tell me about it :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Question is in the title tbh... but just wanted to know approximately how many hours of revision is everyone doing for their A Levels

Especially those that are doing math chem and bio.

Hey. :biggrin:
I study the exact same subject combination with the addition of Spanish.

I have a eight week plan to cover content-specific specification points and I reckon that's literally 12-15 hours a in addition to school hours for each subject a week; a least 1-2 hours a day...

Maths: Roughly two papers a week for each module - one EdExcel, one Solomon.
Biology and Chemistry: Customised packs into module-specific around 400+ marks approximately...

Spanish: Three essays, a past paper a week.

(A*AAa, I'm looking to get so that's why it's so, so much additional time... :frown:)
It seems to work if I split to down to realistic chunks and revise the hell out of it; it hasn't left my brain ever since so that's a great sign!

How are you finding the load at the moment?
It'll be interesting to hear. :wink::biggrin:
(You've made me become temporarily stressed after reflection but that happens about once a day... So much work we have to do!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
2 hours per subject a day with a few days of :smile:
Reply 8
3 hours per subject per day? and tell me about it :rolleyes:

That was the plan, yes! However I've never been good at following revision timetables or anything and I spend more time stressing about how close my exams are than I do actually revising:ashamed2:
Original post by Ché.
Hey. :biggrin:
I study the exact same subject combination with the addition of Spanish.

I have a eight week plan to cover content-specific specification points and I reckon that's literally 12-15 hours additional to school hours for each subject...
(A*AAa, I'm looking to get so that's why it's so, so much additional time... :frown:)
It seems to work if I split to down to realistic chunks and revise the hell out of it; it hasn't left my brain ever since so that's a great sign!

How are you finding the load at the moment?
It'll be interesting to hear. :wink::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't have much of a plan :eek: so im kinda stressing Ive got 13 exams in total as I did TERRIBLE last year and so I have a lot of retakes :K:
That was the plan, yes! However I've never been good at following revision timetables or anything and I spend more time stressing about how close my exams are than I do actually revising:ashamed2:

Meh story of my life :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Don't have much of a plan :eek: so im kinda stressing Ive got 13 exams in total as I did TERRIBLE last year and so I have a lot of retakes :K:

I've got 11 too, so we're in the same boat my friend!

How do you work best?
Discipline? Free-lance? Group?
(Group is amazingly rear nowadays; everyone's gotten more and more selfish... Aha!)

:lol::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ché.
I've got 11 too, so we're in the same boat my friend!

How do you work best?
Discipline? Free-lance? Group?
(Group is amazingly rear nowadays; everyone's gotten more and more selfish... Aha!)

:lol::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So true!
I actually don't know how I work best. I can't concentrate for more than 20 mins at a time :afraid: So I'm kinda struggling rn
I'm not doing any during Easter, but for the subjects I'm doing (2 languages and History) I don't think I really need to. I'll probably start during exam leave. Good luck everyone.
Original post by tengentoppa
I'm not doing any during Easter, but for the subjects I'm doing (2 languages and History) I don't think I really need to. I'll probably start during exam leave. Good luck everyone.

Which languages are you doing and how are you preparing for them? I'm in a bit of a panic about my French exams:s-smilie:
Reply 15
So true!
I actually don't know how I work best. I can't concentrate for more than 20 mins at a time :afraid: So I'm kinda struggling rn

There are advantages with that too, though...
15 minute "bursts" are statistically proven to be the most effect time allocation known at the moment; one topic could be done in that time...

Start off finding you upmost weaknesses; that's what I starting to do not so long ago and it uplifts you, knowing you'll be prepared for the upmost worst too... :biggrin:
Cover all grounds and you're sorted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which languages are you doing and how are you preparing for them? I'm in a bit of a panic about my French exams:s-smilie:

French and Spanish. No need to panic. The listening and reading are usually a breeze and you can get the answers through common sense. The oral and the essay are just memory really. The only part to worry about is the translation but if you revise topic vocab and grammar you should be fine. Good luck
French and Spanish. No need to panic. The listening and reading are usually a breeze and you can get the answers through common sense. The oral and the essay are just memory really. The only part to worry about is the translation but if you revise topic vocab and grammar you should be fine. Good luck

The oral exam is my main worry, I need to make it sound spontaneous but whenever I practise it just sounds like I've rehearsed it😒 I'm feeling okay on translation though, I think I can do better on that than the listening haha! Bonne chance aussi😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

I would strongly agree with Spanish; literally the essay would the only challenge but is still possible with amounts of revision and vocabulary practice... :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am averaging out at about 5 hours a day but I tend to concentrate on a topic a day

Quick Reply

Latest