The Student Room Group

Anyone else find being at home boring compare to uni?

So long back at home and it's just boring..Uni is exciting all full of things to do whilst home there is nothing?

Made new friends at uni, few are back at home, nothing to do, same old, 'old life', boring, etc

Anyone else feel like this or is this just me?
Original post by Anonymous
So long back at home and it's just boring..Uni is exciting all full of things to do whilst home there is nothing?

Made new friends at uni, few are back at home, nothing to do, same old, 'old life', boring, etc

Yes! And the people at uni that I'm closest to are all enjoying being home so much that they don't want to go back, so I feel like I'm the only one!
I've realised this year that I like being busy and I'm completely lost when not doing something and seeing other people all the time.
It's weird, I would get bored at home before, but now that I've lived away and experienced "uni life", boredom's reached a whole new level :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perhaps get a job/placement, or do some volunteering?
Reply 3
Opposite for me, I can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks.
Reply 4
I live at home and commute so not particularly, but in the holidays when nobody's around it gets a little dull.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Absolutely. Especially if you go to uni in a city and then go home to the countryside. As much as I like my parents, I couldn't wait for the summer holidays to end.
Not just you! When I went back home for Christmas... I was so bored like wow. I never realised how busy I became after going Uni. I do love going back home for short periods because I love to see my friends who are all at different uni's and family. But having said that, I am a person who really enjoys their own company so I get bored when I'm at home because my family are around and I've just gotten used to having my own independence (not having to listen to mum and all that lol).
Reply 7
Original post by cole-slaw
Absolutely. Especially if you go to uni in a city and then go home to the countryside. As much as I like my parents, I couldn't wait for the summer holidays to end.

Sad life brah, wish I lived in a city too. One day my friend... one day.
Reply 8
Original post by Ruffiio
Sad life brah, wish I lived in a city too. One day my friend... one day.

Especially if you're working some dull temp admin job 9-5 every day. Uni life is soooo much better than that.

Its funny because its the only time in your life when the summer is the worst bit of the year. When you're a kid you love summer holidays and not having to go to ****ty school, and now I've got my own place I ****ing LOVE summer, endless warm evenings of of barbecues, booze and cricket. As soon as I finish my exams its going to be awesome.
Reply 9
Original post by cole-slaw
Especially if you're working some dull temp admin job 9-5 every day. Uni life is soooo much better than that.

Its funny because its the only time in your life when the summer is the worst bit of the year. When you're a kid you love summer holidays and not having to go to ****ty school, and now I've got my own place I ****ing LOVE summer, endless warm evenings of of barbecues, booze and cricket. As soon as I finish my exams its going to be awesome.

Well when summer comes that means I have to go home because I don't have a job to keep paying rent over summer if I wanted to. As much as I'm looking forward to relaxing without worrying about essay deadline obligations I will probably hate this Summer, especially since it's going to be a veeery long summer in a place I don't want to be at all in a million years.
Reply 10
YES!!! I thought I was the only one.

Just finishing my 2nd year now, and am dreading the looming summer. Last year I had a full time job over summer, which sounds ok, but it made the summer horrifically dull. Plus I spent most of my wages on rent to both my parents and my uni house for summer rent, which meant I had very little income to spend on myself.

Roll on September 2014!! (Dear Lord, I know I will pay for that comment when I'm up to my neck in my...DISSERTATION

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending