The Student Room Group

Now that Facebook is only for douchebags, what are people using?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 81
Original post by donutaud15
Still use Facebook because it's the easiest. I used to have my mum on it but we don't talk anymore. I have my dad on it but I don't really see anything wrong with it. Would be too expensive to call him. Same with a lot of my family members.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand why people try to sound all grown up or like they've achieved something by not using facebook :s-smilie:

I mean, you get to choose your own contacts, remove people you do not wish to talk to, it's your OWN space. So whenever people moan about the annoying posts people put up, I wonder "Why don't you just delete them?". It baffles me :/

I find facebook brilliant, ok so maybe I'm not too fond of the redesign and it feels a little claustrophobic, but then again a sudden change takes a moment to get used to! I'm still trying to find all the functions from the Office 2007 update! Facebook is how I keep contact with everyone, since everyone uses it!
Reply 82
Original post by Changing Skies
I have my mum as a friend on Facebook :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's why they have Tagline Review and Customised posting :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I use Grindr.

I really hope I never come across my parents on there.
I don't really post statuses much on Facebook any more, although I use facebook chat quite a lot as it's the best way to communicate to my friends on it, much easier than the other social networks imo. Twitter's probably the next most popular social network and yeah I do tweet quite a lot on there. I don't really use any of the other social networks much although I know lots of people use Instagram. I know hardly anyone who uses google+ or whatsapp out of my friends though I use snapchat quite a bit, but I don't think that counts as a social network per se.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ConnorTheYank
I like Facebook's interface, but not the hoard of distant relatives who feel the need to friend request me and send me Clash of Clans requests...

I currently use Twitter. I detest people's meaningless thoughts and musings, along with their incessant quoting of pop-song lyrics and their 'retweeting' of 'Common White Girl' accounts, but it's really the only way I keep in touch with the real world because who actually talks to people in person these days amirite lol. My twitter is @connoroboyle26. I rarely tweet and when I do, it's mostly pointless and without substance but yeah

Then you have those who retweet stupid vines all the time or tweets by some random people in the worst grammar you possibly could see..

(followed you as well haha)
(edited 4 years ago)
Agree dude, Twitter can be dreadful sometimes (all the time). But recently I found out you could go to someone's profile and turn off their retweets. This was probably the most useful advice regarding twitter I've ever gotten. It made using twitter slightly less annoying.

And thanks for the follow :wink:. I followed you back (#TeamFollowBack lol)

Really? I might just try that now, will clear my feed up of so much stuff I don't want to see :wink:
Reply 89
i use TSR
Reply 90
Original post by Quantex
I use Grindr.

I really hope I never come across my parents on there.

Ha ha, i did an actual LOL when I read this.
Reply 91
I like Facebook's interface, but not the hoard of distant relatives who feel the need to friend request me and send me Clash of Clans requests...

I currently use Twitter. I detest people's meaningless thoughts and musings, along with their incessant quoting of pop-song lyrics and their 'retweeting' of 'Common White Girl' accounts, but it's really the only way I keep in touch with the real world because who actually talks to people in person these days amirite lol. My twitter is @connoroboyle26. I rarely tweet and when I do, it's mostly pointless and without substance but yeah

Also followed :smile:
Good old snail mail...
I decatived Facebook recently. Too much 1 like = 1 prayer nonsense.
Original post by abrack
I decatived Facebook recently. Too much 1 like = 1 prayer nonsense.

Most stupid thing ever, how will likes cure somebody? :lol:
TSR of course :tongue:

Nah, think most people are into twitter rather than facebook now.
Original post by Kruz
Most stupid thing ever, how will likes cure somebody? :lol:

Haha: "Swag teens only" posted...
Reply 97
Yes, because all of your 'friends' want to know what coffee you had in Starsucks, whilst you take a 'selfie' pulling a face like you've been anally violated by a crow bar.
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and ВКонтакте are what I use.
Original post by Gillybop
I mean, if you have your mum as a friend on FB, that's as about as lame as a person can be.

Does that only leave twitter?

Tumblr is fantastic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending