The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

BA Social Work 1st year

Hey!! I'm Danielle
Big congrats to all that have been accepted onto the course starting this year. How is everyone feeling??
Just thought I'd put a post up, since I am new to this site, was wondering about the different types of people going to hull uni....
Are you moving from far away? Are you local? Are you moving into halls or other local student accommodation??

Hope to hear from ya :-) xxx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dbuck10
Hey!! I'm Danielle
Big congrats to all that have been accepted onto the course starting this year. How is everyone feeling??
Just thought I'd put a post up, since I am new to this site, was wondering about the different types of people going to hull uni....
Are you moving from far away? Are you local? Are you moving into halls or other local student accommodation??

Hey! Are you doing social work in September? I've been looking for people doing the same course! :smile: xxx
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey yeah I'm doing social work in September :-)

If I pass my maths, which doesn't look too convincing at the moment :-( I'm terrible at maths, do you know if there is any online courses I could do and if I could do a test online to pass? Only need a level 2 xx
Reply 3
Hi girls I'm doing social work in September as a mature student I need to do my maths too :/
Reply 4
Original post by Dbuck10
Hey yeah I'm doing social work in September :-)

If I pass my maths, which doesn't look too convincing at the moment :-( I'm terrible at maths, do you know if there is any online courses I could do and if I could do a test online to pass? Only need a level 2 xx

Did u manage to do ur maths and what route did u take?
Reply 5
Original post by catliz
Did u manage to do ur maths and what route did u take?

Hi I'm claire

i am starting the social work degree in September too. I'm a mature student and live in the area. I did an access course at hull college and some of my fellow students did their level 2 maths there, it only took them a few days, don't know whether that would be any good?
My stauts on UCAS is now unconditional so I know I will definitely be there September....hope to see you there!
Reply 6
Hi I am also doing the ba social work, slightly nervous as I am leaving work to do so.
I will be traveling from Bridlington xc
Reply 7
Hi guys, i'm also doing doing Social Work, i'm classed as a mature student at 28 years old !! Gutted. lol. Well done for getting into UNI :-) xxx
I now need to find somewhere to live !
Hi all...
Myself and four others are also doing the BA social work..were coming from doncaster x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey guys.
Unfortunately, I didn't pass my maths exam so I have accepted a Criminology with law degree instead.
Good luck with your future. Would have been lovely to have met you :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Dbuck10
Hey!! I'm Danielle
Are you moving from far away? Are you
local? Are you moving into halls or other local student accommodation??

Hi I am traveling each day as I am a mum of 2 xx
Does anyone know when we will get our timetables....?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
No, originally they said end of august xx may give them a bell tomorrow and see if they anymore xx
Let me know if they give you any info - I like to be organised and it's frustrating not being able to arrange Childcare etc x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I will hun x I also need to arrange childcare xx
Reply 16
Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you heard anything ? X
I've just googled "hull university online timetable" and then logged in and a timetable has popped up after choosing different options.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was struggling to work them out as some lectures clash....just phoned them and apparently the timetables will be changing and the social work has different classes so until you know what class you are in it's pointless looking at the timetable... X

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://sws.hull.ac.uk/default.aspx

Click link....then click programmes on left, then choose social work from where it says select department, then BA social work 1st year in the select programme box

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest