The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Rainbow_Chick
Hi,
My 15 year old sister has been asked to babysit one of our neighbours children and they will pay. It will be for a couple of hours like maybe once a week how much do you think she should be paid. We are not really sure what the right amount.
Thx:smile:

The "right amount" is considerably more than she will get. It never ceases to amaze me how people that will gladly pay $60 an hour for a grease-monkey to change their car's air filter are reluctant to pay more that $5 an hour to someone they are entrusting with their most valuable posessions - their children.
I used to say £5/hour until midnight and £7/hour after midnight - gosh, I was an expensive babysitter! :smile:
Reply 3
I used to say £20 for the evening, but then it was usually 3-4 hours long that I was there so that's about £5 an hour.
Reply 4
I do a lot of babysitting and ask for £4.50 p/h, double after midnight. It's a pretty cushty job, particularly if it's in the evenings when the children are in bed. I suggest not being too ambitious about the amount you ask for, because chances are they may find somebody else. I find that at £4.50 p/h, I get a lot of regular customers, whereas if I asked for £5.50 p/h or something, I'd probably only get one-off jobs from people who were desperate/last minute. Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending