The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

MSc Genetic Counselling

Anyone else on here going to Cardiff for Genetic Counselling in September 2014?? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! Yes I am.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Awesome, great to meet you!

Are you an international student or are you from the UK/EU?

I'm so excited to meet everyone and start the course in September.
Reply 3
I live 40 mins from Cardiff. I work in Cardiff at the moment and lived and studied there for my undergraduate degree. How about you? Will you be moving to Cardiff?

Great to hear from you! I was browsing to see if anyone had started a Facebook group or something similar and came across your post.

Very much looking forward to starting in September :smile:
Reply 4
Cool, that's nice you live so close to the city. I'm from Canada so I'll be moving to Cardiff at the beginning of September. There's a lot to organize but it should be a great experience. I flew to Cardiff for my interview and it seems like a great city and everyone was very friendly!

I had the same idea as you, I was looking for a Facebook group or something but couldn't find anything so I decided to post on here since it seems to be popular with UK students.

What did you think of the university during your undergrad?
Reply 5
Hi guys, did you see the a current postgrad on the course talking about it here:

http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/postgraduate/student-profiles/250/pgtscholaremilyp/
Reply 6
Original post by c2uk
Hi guys, did you see the a current postgrad on the course talking about it here:

http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/postgraduate/student-profiles/250/pgtscholaremilyp/

Yes! I did see that, thanks :smile:
Reply 7
I studied psychology and loved the university, I work for the university at the moment. The facilities and research are fantastic and plenty of social things to do in the uni and the city itself.

If you think I can be of any help or if you have any questions about living in Cardiff, please don't hesitate to ask.
Reply 8
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about the university!

Thank you, I'll be sure to let you know if I have any questions.

Oh, my name is Erin, by the way :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Charlie217
I studied psychology and loved the university, I work for the university at the moment. The facilities and research are fantastic and plenty of social things to do in the uni and the city itself.

If you think I can be of any help or if you have any questions about living in Cardiff, please don't hesitate to ask.

How come you decided to do the MSc in Genetic Counselling then?
Original post by c2uk
How come you decided to do the MSc in Genetic Counselling then?

I really enjoy using counselling skills and I'm working in the genetics field at the moment. Sounds like a fantastic career, always learning and keeping up to date with genetic advances.
Original post by CardiffGC
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about the university!

Thank you, I'll be sure to let you know if I have any questions.

Oh, my name is Erin, by the way :smile:

I'm Charlie :smile:
Hi guys,
I'm going to be studying genetic counselling in Cardiff too.
Nice to meet you both! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Bethany_B
Hi guys,
I'm going to be studying genetic counselling in Cardiff too.
Nice to meet you both! :smile:

Hi! Great to meet you as well :smile:
Are you from Cardiff too?
Sorry, I just joined student room and didn't see you had replied!!

No I am currently living in Birmingham but originally from near Liverpool. So I will be moving to Cardiff in September - scary times!
Reply 15
No problem!

Oh cool, I will be moving to Cardiff as well, but I'm coming from Canada. It is a little scary! Are you planning to live in university residences or find a place off campus?
Canada is a little further to move from than Birmigham!
I am looking to move into a shared house, not uni campus. Mainly because it'll be cheaper! So I have booked on to the postgraduate house hunting event in August.

What about you? I guess it must be quite a lot harder for you to find accommodation.
Reply 17
It is quite far, yes!

Oh, that house hunting event looked really useful and fun!

I've applied for residence as a back-up but ideally I want to live off-campus. My plan right now is to come to Cardiff around the 22nd of August (or however early my Visa allows me to) and then look for a flat at that point, as I really don't want to rent a place I've never seen in person!

What areas of Cardiff are you thinking of living in?
It sounds pretty intense but hopefully will be quite fun, and I'll manage to found a house out of it!

Yeah you definitely want to see somewhere before you move in! What sorts of things are you looking at? I really don't know Cardiff so I'm not too sure where to look really. I was thinking maybe the city centre or near to the uni. I'm hoping the people at the house fair will be able to suggest a few places! Have you started looking for places on the internet or are you waiting until you come over?
Reply 19
Right now I'm looking at one bedroom flats near to the Heath Park campus. It seems like we'll be spending most of our time there as opposed to the main campus, so it would be great to maybe walk or bike to campus, or even a short bus ride.

I have been browsing the listings on the internet so I sort of know what to expect when I get over there!

I guess the tricky part is that we don't know where our first year placements will be yet so we could end up with quite a distance to commute for those!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending