The Student Room Group

Tamil Learn to speak here for free

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Eelamboy3
Are you having an arranged marriage? how old are you?

do you know the song 'grammut ponnu'? :biggrin:

No NO I AM DOING aLEVEL NOW. i HAVE AGE TO MARRY YET. yES I KNOW.
I understand why you're saying because Malayalam and Tamil are so similar :smile:
I'm interested :smile:
Original post by superdarklord
Because he never taught me

Posted from TSR Mobile

lool are you a tamil from sri lanka or India?

I have noticed this as well,lots of tamils in the uk/canada can't speak tamil:frown:,in France we are taught tamil first than french :wink:

Ask your dad/mom/bf to teach you tamil .
Original post by chocolatesauce
I understand why you're saying because Malayalam and Tamil are so similar :smile:

That's normal because allDravidian languages are derived from Tamil .Tamil is the mother of all Dravidian languages.
According to the evolution theory and the migration studies of human beings, we originated in Africa and one group migrated to South India and another migrated to present day Arabia/Iran and then into europe...The first inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent were the dravidians who lived in present day south tamilnadu and kerala...and they spoke a language that is derived by imitating the basic sounds of birds and animals...this language later grew to be called Tamil and it had acquired a written form...The brahmi script was used in the earliest tamil literature that has been found..this script is the base of all the scripts of dravidian languages...

DNA studies have shown that the original inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent (Much before the Aryans came into north India and much before the language sanskrit was born) were the Virumandi clan in tamilnadu and they speak Tamil...these people are the original Indians if you want to call them so...Please watch the googlevideos link and the DNA studies of the haplo group website...

Later Dravidians migrated further north and and settled in present day karnataka, Andhra etc...Initially these settlers were speaking tamil but slowly it got modified and they developed their own script and their dialect developed into a mature, independent form known as todays Kannada and Telugu...

until the 10t century Tamil and Malayalam were the same language and there was no distinction.."Malayalam" means "the dialect of the Hill people" in Tamil...slowly the hill people beyond the western ghats mountain ranges developed tehir own style and dialect and malayam branched off as a separate language...with its own literature..

Some dravidians migrated even further north into the present day afghanistan and iran and they have also evolved into a seprate language (Eg Malto).... The indus valley script (The language of the indus valley civilisation) is so far undeciphered...but so far the best accepted and the most consistent theory is that this language was dravidian...the original harappans who lived in present day balochistan in pakistan, spoke a dravidian language called Brahvi...It must be noted also that the indua vally civilisation happened much later than the migrant settlers in deep south India that i mentioned earlier(The virumandis)..

Now all these dravidian languages are quite mature and independent though they they had the same origin and this origin language was called Tamil..It must be noted than written script evolved much much later and hence origin of the languages can be much older than their written forms.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kers123
No NO I AM DOING aLEVEL NOW. i HAVE AGE TO MARRY YET. yES I KNOW.

Same here I'm too young to marry as well lol

How old are you going to get married?

I prefer to have my one at the age 25-30.

Are you staying a virgin till marriage ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 46
How old are you going to get married?

I prefer to have my one at the age 25-30.

Are you staying a virgin till marriage ?

Why are you asking irrelevant questions?
I'm 17. I'm studying and have no ideas about marriage now.
Original post by kers123
Why are you asking irrelevant questions?
I'm 17. I'm studying and have no ideas about marriage now.

I want to know more about english lankans ,I'm 18 and still studying as well.
lool are you a tamil from sri lanka or India?

I have noticed this as well,lots of tamils in the uk/canada can't speak tamil:frown:,in France we are taught tamil first than french :wink:

Ask your dad/mom/bf to teach you tamil .

My mum is from India and my dad from Sri Lanka, trinco :smile:
Bf as in boyfriend? Loool are you assuming that I have a boyfriend, and that he is Tamil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mum is from India and my dad from Sri Lanka, trinco :smile:
Bf as in boyfriend? Loool are you assuming that I have a boyfriend, and that he is Tamil?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I was assuming since you can't speak tamil,that you were whitewashed lol,His that mean you can only speak english?
How do you communicate with your familly?

Have you ever been to Sri lanka/India?
Reply 50
= superdarklord;47810289]x
= Eelamboy3;47810289]x
= chocolatesauce;47810289]x
= Aurangzeb;47810289]x

Join here

This is the thread. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2625

Aurangzeb

Learn it here
Reply 51
= superdarklord;47810289]x
= Eelamboy3;47810289]x
= chocolatesauce;47810289]x
= Aurangzeb;47810289]x

Join here

This is the thread. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2625

Aurangzeb

Learn it here
Well I was assuming since you can't speak tamil,that you were whitewashed lol,His that mean you can only speak english?
How do you communicate with your familly?

Have you ever been to Sri lanka/India?

Terrible assumption.
I speak English and Hindi.
I've been to Sri Lanka around 5 times. My immediate family speak English, my dad speaks Tamil with his family. Family living in England all speak English of course. In SriLanka, they all speak English too as my appama was an English teacher and my appapa was the headmaster of a school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aurangzeb

Learn it here

Nane join panitan
Original post by kers123
Where are you from?I am from sri lanka

I understand, you've said :smile: my mother is from India and my dad from Sri Lanka. I was born and brought up in the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Terrible assumption.
I speak English and Hindi.
I've been to Sri Lanka around 5 times. My immediate family speak English, my dad speaks Tamil with his family. Family living in England all speak English of course. In SriLanka, they all speak English too as my appama was an English teacher and my appapa was the headmaster of a school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok ok I'm sorry lol :smile:,in my familly we speak tami/french and english ,born and bred in France.

In Sri lanka only tamil but my grandparent's can speak english fluentely.
(edited 9 years ago)
So what's everyone's names :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Dazed+Confucius
This sounds really cool! Can I join?

Join here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2625
Reply 58
So what's everyone's names :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by chocolatesauce
So what's everyone's names :smile:Posted from TSR Mobile

HELLO . This is not a chat thread. If you are learning tamil please learn it here. Without chatting.
This has turned into such a bizarre thread. lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending