The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths Design applicants 2014

Has anybody else applied for Design at Goldsmiths for Sept 2014?
Have you accepted your offers?
Hi:smile: I've also applied for Design at Goldsmiths, but didn't accept my offer yet since I have to choose between GSA, CSM and Goldsmiths. I hate that we have to make such hard decisions!
Reply 2
I'm in exactly the same position! I have GSA CSM and Goldsmiths too.... I think I've discounted CSM so now its between GSA and Goldsmiths. Did you apply for product design?

I love the course at Goldsmiths but I'm a bit worried about how many people are on the course (increasing every year) . Also I'm not sure if I want to be in London because I'll probably end up working there so it would be nice to experience a new place. BUT London does have a lot more going on in terms of design.
I think the only thing about Glasgow is that there's not as many lectures, workshops etc and a lot more individual studio time.
Glasgow is a lot cheaper to live in too...

Why is this so hard?!?!
Yes I've also applied for product design :biggrin: but I'm thinking more about GSA or CSM. I've heard few both positive and negative opinions about those schools and I cannot decide!! Yeah I totally agree with you making decision is always the hardest part, especially when being such an undecided person as I am haha. It is like choosing between three totally different courses! And I have no idea which one I prefer most: ( One the one hand, as you said London seems to give more possibilities in terms of design, but on the other hand I would probably prefer to work in smaller groups like in Glasgow + it is cheaper and no student loan is needed. I've never been to Glasgow before and have never seen GSA, but I saw CSM and I really loved it! It makes a decision even harder, since I cannot compare them -,-
Why did you actually discount CSM?
Reply 4
I know haha. What do you mean by no student loan needed? are you an EU applicant?
Yeah the building and atmosphere of CSM is great, but you don't get any studio space and not much contact with tutors. I mainly discounted it due to the course philosophy, i think its a bit too 'traditional product design' for me, if that makes sense.
You're right, the courses are so different! I honestly don't know how I'll decide!
I visited GSA for my interview. The new design building seems pretty good and it seems like a great city. I've heard good things about Glasgow.
Reply 5
Original post by l1i1l1y1
Has anybody else applied for Design at Goldsmiths for Sept 2014?
Have you accepted your offers?

ive put goldsmiths as my firm but im scared as i carnt see me meeting one of the requirments but the guy didnt say idd have to when he offered me a place at intervuiw he told me just to pass foundation but all of a sudden they wont me to get a-levels grades as well which higher than what i got last year :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest