The Student Room Group

2015 Biological Sciences Applicants Thread

Hi All,

Since 2015 entry prospectuses are starting to be available, think it's a good idea to make a thread so we can all help each other which universities to apply to on October/January.

So yeah, anyone knows which universities are they applying to? And why do you like the course they offer?

Here's the Biological Sciences connect/stalking page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know what volunteering or work experience I should apply for so that I'll have something to write for Ucas ?
So anyone applied/applying? :biggrin:

I applied for biological sciences at Oxford, Bath and Warwick and Biotechnology at Imperial and UCL!
Got Bath and Warwick offers both AAB! :-)

I really like the imperial course cos it offers a good choice of 'modern' modules in the 3rd year such as synthetic biology and stem cells which is my interest:smile:
Original post by MrGiofanni
So anyone applied/applying? :biggrin:

I applied for biological sciences at Oxford, Bath and Warwick and Biotechnology at Imperial and UCL!
Got Bath and Warwick offers both AAB! :-)

I really like the imperial course cos it offers a good choice of 'modern' modules in the 3rd year such as synthetic biology and stem cells which is my interest:smile:

Nice I'm applying to Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Edinburgh (second year entry) and Nottingham~ no offers yet though :s-smilie:

Which Oxford college are you applying to?
I am applying at:
Bath
East Anglia
Exeter
Kent
Lancaster
Exeter and Lancaster are my favourites.
Original post by MickeyL0912
Nice I'm applying to Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Edinburgh (second year entry) and Nottingham~ no offers yet though :s-smilie:

Which Oxford college are you applying to?

Went for Catherines considering they had more biology tutors but i doubt i'll even get the interview just thought it be worth a try! How bout you?
Reply 6
I've applied to Oxford (Magdalen college), UCL, Imperial, York and UEA :smile:

which colleges have people applied to at Oxford?
Original post by ksalter11
I've applied to Oxford (Magdalen college), UCL, Imperial, York and UEA :smile:

which colleges have people applied to at Oxford?

Nice, I would've applied to Magdalen too if it wasn't consistently at the top of the Norrington, so I'm applying to Queen's (still pretty cool).
Went for Catherines considering they had more biology tutors but i doubt i'll even get the interview just thought it be worth a try! How bout you?

Queen's here...

Why wouldn't they interview you? O.o

I mean, for an Oxford applicant my grades are probably one of the worst... So we might be on the same boat here :colondollar:
Queen's here...

Why wouldn't they interview you? O.o

I mean, for an Oxford applicant my grades are probably one of the worst... So we might be on the same boat here :colondollar:

My grades weren't bad but relative to what Oxfords looking for i don't know.. D: what did you get if you mind me asking?
My grades weren't bad but relative to what Oxfords looking for i don't know.. D: what did you get if you mind me asking?

Not at all.

GCSEs: A*A*A*A*AABMerit

AS Levels not declared (my college doesn't cash in, they're all pending)

Predictions: A*(Biology) A*(Chemistry) A*(EPQ) A(Maths) B(AS Psychology)

What about you?
My application was sent off today. I can't wait for offers.
Original post by izpenguin
My application was sent off today. I can't wait for offers.

Nice, where to?
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to Biological Sciences connect/stalking page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Nice, where to?

Lancaster, Exeter, UEA, Bath, Kent
Not at all.

GCSEs: A*A*A*A*AABMerit

AS Levels not declared (my college doesn't cash in, they're all pending)

Predictions: A*(Biology) A*(Chemistry) A*(EPQ) A(Maths) B(AS Psychology)

What about you?

Well done that's not bad at all!
5A*'s 7'As 1B at GCSE
AABB (Biology, Chem, Physics, Maths) AS and Predicted A*A*AA but I know my school just over predicts Oxbridge applicants so I'm aiming for A's!

What's your EPQ on?:smile:
Reply 16
Original post by izpenguin
I am applying at:
Bath
East Anglia
Exeter
Kent
Lancaster
Exeter and Lancaster are my favourites.

Hey everyone, I'm a current second year at UEA studying biological sciences. If you have any questions about the course then I'll be happy to answer :h:
Well done that's not bad at all!
5A*'s 7'As 1B at GCSE
AABB (Biology, Chem, Physics, Maths) AS and Predicted A*A*AA but I know my school just over predicts Oxbridge applicants so I'm aiming for A's!

What's your EPQ on?:smile:

Luckily my choices woudln't know I got AABC in AS :P (The B in chemistry is 3 UMS from an A though)

Started my EPQ on controlling haemorrhagic fever outbreaks, but then recent reports on Ebola ruined it and it's like a dead end. Probably will change it to what the natural reservoir of a virus can tell about the nature of it. (My biology teacher's also the UCAS person so he's busy now .___.)

Did you do and EPQ?
Luckily my choices woudln't know I got AABC in AS :P (The B in chemistry is 3 UMS from an A though)

Started my EPQ on controlling haemorrhagic fever outbreaks, but then recent reports on Ebola ruined it and it's like a dead end. Probably will change it to what the natural reservoir of a virus can tell about the nature of it. (My biology teacher's also the UCAS person so he's busy now .___.)

Did you do and EPQ?

No body needs to know them:wink: Never really heard about natural reservoir of virus'.. Is it part of your course syllabus?

Nope, but I based my AS physics coursework on collagen in the use of tissue scaffolds, and my A2 physics coursework in DNA Sequencing so I spoke about that in my PS.
No body needs to know them:wink: Never really heard about natural reservoir of virus'.. Is it part of your course syllabus?

Nope, but I based my AS physics coursework on collagen in the use of tissue scaffolds, and my A2 physics coursework in DNA Sequencing so I spoke about that in my PS.

Nah my EPQ's based only on my extra reading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending