The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2014 - Nottingham

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackwid0w
For Sutton Trust we have shared bathrooms :frown: We have a sink in our bedrooms though, so at least we can brush our teeth in our rooms I guess :s-smilie:

Not looking forward to sharing a shower with how ever many other girls though ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by fletchtasmic
Not looking forward to sharing a shower with how ever many other girls though ://

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh same, it's gonna be chaos haha
I hope it's not so many that we have to form a queue -.-
(edited 9 years ago)
For Sutton Trust we have shared bathrooms :frown: We have a sink in our bedrooms though, so at least we can brush our teeth in our rooms I guess :s-smilie:

what. :frown:
I suppose that's okay... But they should at least give us seperate toilets :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Got a place for Medicine and Medical Sciences on 20th-25th July straight after my trip from Malawi, should be brilliant! I've heard from family members that Nottingham has a beautiful campus! 👍
Original post by Hamzah Amir Khan
Got a place for Medicine and Medical Sciences on 20th-25th July straight after my trip from Malawi, should be brilliant! I've heard from family members that Nottingham has a beautiful campus! ������

I've got a place for Medicine and Medical Sciences also! I went to Nottingham for Medlink and the campus is soooo nice!
Brilliant! I hope to see you there!

Well, at least it's only for a few days so it shouldn't be too bad. :smile: I'm guessing the majority of us on this thread will be looking to get en suite accommodation when applying to uni haha.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kandybars
Well, at least it's only for a few days so it shouldn't be too bad. :smile: I'm guessing the majority of us on this thread will be looking to get en suite accommodation when applying to uni haha.

Personally, I just wish I had my own fridge :/
I don't like to share :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, I'm going to hate that too! Girls take a whole lot longer too, mornings are going to be dreadful :tongue:
Original post by luckylaurax
Yup, I'm going to hate that too! Girls take a whole lot longer too, mornings are going to be dreadful :tongue:

It could either make or break friendships :wink:
Original post by Leechayy
Personally, I just wish I had my own fridge :/
I don't like to share :colondollar:

Haha, I'm a bit like that too. I wouldn't want people taking food without my permission, using my plates & pots...stuff like that. But I can't cook anyway so I think I'll be going for catered.
Some insider knowledge :wink:

I did the Law & Politics Sutton Trust Summer School at Nottingham last year, and its one of the best things I have ever done; the Notts students who look after you are fantastic, the campus is lovely, the food is pretty good, and Derby Hall is great!

Each day is different, but everyone is issued with a folder of information and a Notts branded satchel bag at the start of the week, with most mornings being filled with mini-lectures, whilst afternoons and evenings consist of careers activites, team-building games, and a disco!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! I'm new on the forum, but I saw this thread and couldn't resist posting!

A few photos of Derby Hall and my room:

WP_000677.jpg
The Derby Hall grounds

WP_000685.jpg
Entrance to Derby Hall

WP_000684.jpg
Derby Hall dining room

WP_000687.jpg
Entrance to one of the accomodation blocks (single-sex, with about ten rooms sharing four showers and four toilets)

WP_000683.jpg
My room.
WP_000679.jpg
Every block shares a pantry, location of food and the popular pantry or 'mantry' parties.
Original post by Tollerkid
Some insider knowledge :wink:

I did the Law & Politics Sutton Trust Summer School at Nottingham last year, and its one of the best things I have ever done; the Notts students who look after you are fantastic, the campus is lovely, the food is pretty good, and Derby Hall is great!

Each day is different, but everyone is issued with a folder of information and a Notts branded satchel bag at the start of the week, with most mornings being filled with mini-lectures, whilst afternoons and evenings consist of careers activites, team-building games, and a disco!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! I'm new on the forum, but I saw this thread and couldn't resist posting!

A few photos of Derby Hall and my room:

WP_000677.jpg
The Derby Hall grounds

WP_000685.jpg
Entrance to Derby Hall

WP_000684.jpg
Derby Hall dining room

WP_000687.jpg
Entrance to one of the accomodation blocks (single-sex, with about ten rooms sharing four showers and four toilets)

WP_000683.jpg
My room.
WP_000679.jpg
Every block shares a pantry, location of food and the popular pantry or 'mantry' parties.

WOW! Thanks for sharing. I'm even more excited now :biggrin: Looks like you had a nice room for the week. What would you say was the best part of the summer school? And are you still in contact with any friends you made?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had any emails or anything since sending the letter?
Original post by j0shth0m

Mhmm...

Hi Hamzah,

Thank you for your email. We have indeed received and processed your forms, so thank you for sending these to us. We’ll be sending you more information about the Summer School in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled!

We would encourage you to sort out your travel as much in advance just to help us make arrangements in a timely fashion.

Kind regards

Simon
Summer School Team
Widening Participation Team
The University of Nottingham

T: 0115 846 6962
W: www.nottingham.ac.uk/summerschools
Original post by j0shth0m

No I haven't had anything, I don't think there's anything they need to send us is there?
Reply 36
Mhmm...

Hi Hamzah,

Thank you for your email. We have indeed received and processed your forms, so thank you for sending these to us. We’ll be sending you more information about the Summer School in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled!

We would encourage you to sort out your travel as much in advance just to help us make arrangements in a timely fashion.

Kind regards

Simon
Summer School Team

When did they send you this? D:
I haven't received any emails at all
Haven't heard anything either :confused:
Mhmm...

Hi Hamzah,

Kind regards

Simon
Summer School Team

That sounds like they're answering some specific questions you had for them though???
That sounds like they're answering some specific questions you had for them though???

Yeah I was getting quite paranoid that I hadn't heard from them so I sent them an email asking whether they received the forms. The reply was in the positive and they are processing them in the meantime and they will provide us with more information in the post soon, how long that is anyone's guess, I also asked about whether it would be wise to book travel arrangements well in advance.

Hope that helps! If you are worried I would recommend emailing them tonight, they get back to you relatively quickly, or so was the case for me.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply