The Student Room Group

AQA English Language - Language acquisition. - Need essay writing help

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else is doing this exam. I cannot find any other exemplar essays and essay writing is my worst skill, I only managed to get a passing grade by doing good in my coursework last year.

Here is an essay I just wrote for the June 2010 question, it's not finished, but can someone tell me how to structure and improve my essays and how to achieve higher band marks in A01/AO2/AO3.

If you have any marked essays, please share too, would be great help as I can only find ones in the text book.

thanks
I am doing this exam as well, however it isn't the child language acquisition side that I find hard, it is the language change essays. :/ A01 is about your points so you need a range of points because A01 has the most marks. A03 I think is context and that is quite easy to add, I can't remember what A02 is :L not looking forward to this exam
Original post by heatherc27
I am doing this exam as well, however it isn't the child language acquisition side that I find hard, it is the language change essays. :/ A01 is about your points so you need a range of points because A01 has the most marks. A03 I think is context and that is quite easy to add, I can't remember what A02 is :L not looking forward to this exam

hmm yeah. But AO2 is bringing in theorists studies or outside knowledge (e.g. conclusions from your coursework).

I have no idea how much you actually should be writing though, does a 800-1000 words seem about right?

Quick Reply