The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Toaster
It's not too bad... I had a group interview, we all had 1 to 1 interviews at the start, then we had a group activity where we looked at pictures and had to state what was wrong with them, one image was a colleague on her phone in the middle of an aisle, nothing very difficult, it was all done in an hour and a half :tongue:

That was literally the whole interview process, obviously there was the online test beforehand but that was it. :smile:
This was about a month ago.

I'm pretty sure that's the old style. The new one involves actually going on the shop floor from what I've read here.
I never had that group thing, I only interviewed over the phone and then went for a one on one "interview" with the manager where I basically just said I wanted Christmas off and we chatted about traveling. I was surprised I got the job as talking on the phone is one of my biggest fears :biggrin:
Am I the only one on here who DIDN'T have a phone interview?

I applied online, rang HRSS Direct to confirm interview date/time, did DVD test and a short one-on-one interview. That was it
Original post by harrisp
Am I the only one on here who DIDN'T have a phone interview?

I applied online, rang HRSS Direct to confirm interview date/time, did DVD test and a short one-on-one interview. That was it

No, actually a majority of people that I know had the group interview + DVD. I suspect it's mostly Locals that do the phone interview when they're looking to fill one or two positions.
Reply 3243
Original post by greenfly125
When do we get paid our bonus? I'm leaving 15th April, and I'm wondering if I going to get anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im leaving 15th april as well and i was told im not going to get a bonus
Got the Job Yaaaaaay, can I ask I have a 1 day induction, is this common ?
and I read somewhere before can't remember that on the induction day you will have some sort of test (written/questionnaire) is this true??

And Thank you Guys for supporting me.
Original post by AintGatNoClue
Got the Job Yaaaaaay, can I ask I have a 1 day induction, is this common ?
and I read somewhere before can't remember that on the induction day you will have some sort of test (written/questionnaire) is this true??

And Thank you Guys for supporting me.

Congratulations well done for getting the job!
induction is usually two days 9-5 it's paid and yes you do have a test but don't worry about it, its not difficult the trainer will go over each question anyway and you can write the correct answers in.
Reply 3246
Does anyone know what email address I need to give to put sainsburys as a reference for a new job application?
hi i work on ftg counters and have stomach bug no sickness just diarrhea do i need see Dr before i go back into work
Original post by silentwolf
hi i work on ftg counters and have stomach bug no sickness just diarrhea do i need see Dr before i go back into work

If you've got diarrhea then you have to ring in sick, and I believe you have to be clear of symptoms for 48 before returning to work with counters being a high risk department. You don't have to see a doctor (but Sainsburys seem to want you too) as you can self certificate for 7 days.
Hey guys,
Not sure if anybody remembers me, but I'm going to be working for Sainsbury's again (4th time I think) :P Got induction Tuesday/Wednesday. Can anybody remind me what I need to take and what to wear?
Original post by thomas888b
Hey guys,
Not sure if anybody remembers me, but I'm going to be working for Sainsbury's again (4th time I think) :P Got induction Tuesday/Wednesday. Can anybody remind me what I need to take and what to wear?

I think all you need is ID (passport), proof of address (bank statement or something), and bank details. How long ago was it since you last worked at Sainsburys? Can't imagine having to go through 4 inductions :P
This will be my third induction. I think it's because it's a new role in a new store. I last worked in another store as soon as December, and didn't have to do an induction for the last time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do I need my P45, or other proof of my national insurance number for induction? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey anyone know when the next pay date is? :smile:
Original post by thomas888b
Do I need my P45, or other proof of my national insurance number for induction? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

just need your NI card for proof.
Original post by metallicagirl125
Hey anyone know when the next pay date is? :smile:

April 17 :smile:
I have been working at Sainsburys for 1 and a half years. I have been doing a certain shift 3 - 10pm (7 hours) every week since September as overtime apart from when I have holidays booked as I am entitled to have my holiday time too! The managers are in the process of writing everyone new contracts to include shifts that people consistently do that aren't contract. I have asked for months and months for it to be put on my contract. but they said they couldn't until the new tax year. I was promised this shift on my contract and I have actually seen the proposed contract change which has this shift on too. Today I find out that they have give the shift to someone who has stepped down because apparentely it 'it meets the needs of the business' despite the fact that she is the most bone idle individual who is constantly off with stress. So if this happens I won't be able to pay my rent.... We also have a new manager :frown: I don't know if there is anything I can do but it is bloody annoying!! :frown:
Unfortunately if they had to give certain hours to the person who stepped down

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know how to edit it and pressed send by mistake.
So they have to give the person some sort of hours and if they were to give her say 30 hours or whatever she does, + give you 7 hours then they're spending more than if they just fill in that shift with her, as clearly they don't need her on any other day.
Yeah, they promised you but unfortunately the circumstances have change and its a business so they have to think of the hours they use up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just had a telephone interview for a job and gotta say that went horrible. Had some mini panic attack which I never have and forgot my postcode which was dopey of me cause I've lived at the same address most of my life. Then she said that the interviews are on Saturday but I'm away for the weekend so I won't be as to attend. This is my second interview for a job at sainsburys and it went worse than the last one where I managed to get an in store interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending