The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greenfly125
Does anyone have a HR number for colleagues?

They never sent me a p45.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi have you received your p45 yet? it's been a week since i left work but haven't received it did you find out when they will send it Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Elelea
Do we have to ask for a nectar card even if it's clear they won't get any points? Say if they're buying only spirits, formula or their transaction is under a pound? Do you think you could get your score knocked down on mcm?

I've always been told that you don't have to ask for a nectar if the transaction is under £1. Whether that's true or not is obviously up for debate. The system does not issue the nectar prompt at the end of the transaction if only spirits/lottery/tobacco products have been purchased, in fact thinking on, there is no nectar prompt unless nectar qualifying items have been bought in the same transaction
Reply 3702
Original post by harrisp
I work Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday (nights)

Just to clarify, if I handed my 4 week notice in tonight...could I put on the letter my last shift will be Monday 15th June?

Is that acceptable? Or would it have to be Monday 22nd June? or something else?

Great shift to be giving up tbf.

But just tell them the 15th will be your last day if it needs to be. You are giving plenty of time to cover, makes no real difference, it won't be mentioned on your reference and you'll be short timed either way. So it's up to you if you want the money,
Original post by DRose

But just tell them the 15th will be your last day if it needs to be. You are giving plenty of time to cover, makes no real difference, it won't be mentioned on your reference and you'll be short timed either way. So it's up to you if you want the money,

Thanks.

I just wasn't sure of the official way to do it in terms of whether it needs to be the end of your usual working week (like kyoti has suggested), or 4 weeks from the date you hand it in, regardless.

I would like a positive reference though.

And I won't miss nights at all. Some people at my store have been doing 6-night weeks for 10 years+ and I just couldn't imagine doing that, your social life would be non-existent.
Reply 3704
Like I said, give them the date, unless you are on woefully bad terms with your manager, I don't see why they'd not be fine with it, it's rare for people to even give a week of a 4 week notice.Yet alone 3.
Original post by kyoti
hi have you received your p45 yet? it's been a week since i left work but haven't received it did you find out when they will send it Thanks.

No, I left over a month ago and still haven't received anything. My last payslip went to store also when they told me it would go to my home address.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DRose

true, those are the easy nights even on plinths change....I have been doing the Friday to monday shift(for the antisocial ppl)

Anywho, I may not have a job after my redundancy consultation coming up
Original post by greenfly125
No, I left over a month ago and still haven't received anything. My last payslip went to store also when they told me it would go to my home address.

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you receive a letter? I just received one and they said p45 will be posted within a few days of receiving last payment..
if you haven't ring up hrs and i also got their address i can give it to you if you want.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys, I want to become a supervisor, I still have plenty of time to do this before I leave ( sept 2016), how can I do this, and if I want more overtime who should I see. Currently a customer service assistant
Does anyone know who one talks to about getting a reference from Sainsbury's?
Original post by ArabianPhoenix
Hey guys, I want to become a supervisor, I still have plenty of time to do this before I leave ( sept 2016), how can I do this, and if I want more overtime who should I see. Currently a customer service assistant

Line manager or your team leader would direct you on the two issues...the team leader/supervisor role requires certain amount of training, most likely ( with competent management) should take a few months however there needs to bea vacancy and you need to have interviews/role play exercises
Original post by Pink Boy

A better reference would probably come from a Team Leader or Manager who knows you if you are able to ask them. I did hear about people getting one from the company or something though? Not too sure how the second one works, if you've got the time someone has probably mentioned it at some point or another in this thread :P
Original post by Pink Boy

HR should provide you with a reference or your line manager(references are neutral in that you cannot slate the colleague)
I honestly thought I would find a few colleagues facing redundancy from Sainsbury's on this forum
Original post by ArabianPhoenix

You could mention it at a CPR (unless your manager isn't very good at getting them done) or just ask about it. If you aren't able to get training specifically for it because there are no vacancies, then maybe ask to get trained doing certain things a bit at a time. Then if something does come up you will be more likely to get a job doing it.

Either way, your manager/Team Leader will be able to give better guidance on what you'd need to do.
Original post by kyoti
did you receive a letter? I just received one and they said p45 will be posted within a few days of receiving last payment..
if you haven't ring up hrs and i also got their address i can give it to you if you want.

Yeh I received my letter (although it was dated like 17th may and I left on the 17th April). I rang up HR and there isn't much they can do because it all comes from the store. I was previously told that my store couldn't find the p45, and the manager is off sick so I though she might have it and intended to post it but never did. Anyway I rang the store up yesterday and they found everything so it should be on the way to me now in the post. It makes it difficult that I can't just go pick it up cause I now live on the other side of the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I don't work in Sainsbury's but I do have a question regarding working there. I work in Lidl right now but I find the demands they place on us staff are too much so I want to change.
My question is how fast they expect you to work delivery. In Lidl we'll get a Euro pallet (the big ones) stacked with stuff about 7 feet tall and be expected to have it all out on the shelves in 40 minutes which I find is quite a task. Then you have to do that over and over for 3 hours or so. I can do it in 50 minutes but I get moaned at by my managers for it and I'm working fast as I can, literally dripping with sweat!

Can anyone tell me what Sainsbury's would expect of you in the same scenario? I spoke to someone I know who works in Sainsbury's and she remarked it did sound like 40 minutes was too little but she works on the meat counter so yeah.
Original post by I_Like_Lettuce
Hi, I don't work in Sainsbury's but I do have a question regarding working there. I work in Lidl right now but I find the demands they place on us staff are too much so I want to change.
My question is how fast they expect you to work delivery. In Lidl we'll get a Euro pallet (the big ones) stacked with stuff about 7 feet tall and be expected to have it all out on the shelves in 40 minutes which I find is quite a task. Then you have to do that over and over for 3 hours or so. I can do it in 50 minutes but I get moaned at by my managers for it and I'm working fast as I can, literally dripping with sweat!

Can anyone tell me what Sainsbury's would expect of you in the same scenario? I spoke to someone I know who works in Sainsbury's and she remarked it did sound like 40 minutes was too little but she works on the meat counter so yeah.

Working on nights it's 50 cases or boxes an hour...throughout the day is less as there are customers and sainsbury's requires a high level of customer service....it is not as hard but work is at a higher standard with detail on tickets, width etc...also the pay is higher at lidl
Original post by moneydon
Working on nights it's 50 cases or boxes an hour..

Isn't this dependant on what aisle you're doing though?

e.g you could do a pallet of cereal/crisps in 40 mins easy, but a pallet full of wine on BWS is 2.5 hours

and on aisles like fresh you should get longer because you're supposed to rotate stock.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by harrisp
Isn't this dependant on what aisle you're doing though?

e.g you could do a pallet of cereal/crisps in 40 mins easy, but a pallet full of wine on BWS is 2.5 hours

I work on checkouts so don't have first hand experience with this but I'd say you're probably right to assume that. The only person I knew who did BWS in a similar speed to what people would do Crisps managed to break more than he put on :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending