The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is LSE really just full of asians?!

I have nothing against asians. But i'm a white girl, that is perfectly capable of making friends with every other ethnic group i've met, apart from asians! i don't know what it is, i've just never really got along well with them, i'm sure they're lovely people :tongue:

in addition to all the asians and foreigners is there also lots of british guys/girls that i can make friends with?
Reply 1
Original post by jazzie14
I have nothing against asians. But i'm a white girl, that is perfectly capable of making friends with every other ethnic group i've met, apart from asians! i don't know what it is, i've just never really got along well with them, i'm sure they're lovely people :tongue:

in addition to all the asians and foreigners is there also lots of british guys/girls that i can make friends with?

Have you been to LSE before? Well generally speaking yes there are more asians than any other ethnic group at LSE but you can surely mingle around with people. Join socities or social activities that the union organized. Nearly 51% of students are british so you should be fine I suppose . Either way, by asian do you mean chinese or a mixture of every asian ethnic group??
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by jazzie14

Yes that are a lot and the fact that LSE is in London which is, of course, very multicultural in itself adds to this, but it really depends which course you're going to be doing.

The Asian cohort in Economics/Econ & Maths/A&F/BMS/Law and related courses is very high. It's substantially less in Sociology/Anthropology/Intl History etc and most other courses (Government/Philosophy to name a couple) fall somewhere in the middle.

A considerable proportion of the Asians at LSE are quite cliquey and can be hard to really get to know, it's true, but that said I know at least 2 or 3 that I'd consider friends.

You don't have to worry at all about the number of British guys and girls on any course, there are plenty.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending