The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

brighton feb 2015 intake

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I am Megan I am also starting in Feb, how does everyone know which campus they are studying at? You all seem to be studying at Falmer! I also want to go in halls and am unsure on how to go about it so if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated! Also, has anyone else done their DBS check yet? Thank you!
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Hiya, Im Aby, also starting in Feb 2015. I think they asked me which campus i'd liked to be based at in my interview, do you not know which campus you're at? I'd also like to go in halls, but i think the spaces are quite limited! perhaps try ringing them nearer the time. Ive not done my DBS check yet, have you? Hope theres a facebook group made soonish, would be nice to get to know people, worried haha!
I dont mind if I go in halls or if I go in a student house as long as I have somewhere to live aha! I think we get sent our oc health forms and dbs in November, thats what it said on the sheet at the interview xx
Reply 23
Hey everyone!
I'm also starting in February at Falmer :smile: don't know whether to commute or look for halls though! I live in Portsmouth so is doable... but when it comes to placements where I could end up in Hastings, bit of a nightmare!
Looking forward to starting and meeting you all!!
Xx
Hi guys, i've been accepted onto the feb 2015 intake and seems that I'm the only male who has posted on this group ahaha. I hope there is some sort of freshers for us so we can get to know each other and everyone because freshers isn't something i want to miss out on, and with accommodation i hope the uni make a page and recommend some student houses we are able to rent for our first year or so, otherwise they won't be much help at all really
I hope they do too, I've been looking at houses but I'd be much easier if I had someone to look with and we knew who we were living with :/ xx
Original post by nolanjack
Hi guys, i've been accepted onto the feb 2015 intake and seems that I'm the only male who has posted on this group ahaha. I hope there is some sort of freshers for us so we can get to know each other and everyone because freshers isn't something i want to miss out on, and with accommodation i hope the uni make a page and recommend some student houses we are able to rent for our first year or so, otherwise they won't be much help at all really

You're not on your own haha I'm male too!
does anybody know if it is likely that we will be offered halls (if so when do we apply or find out)? or would we only be able to get shared accommodation? also when do we apply for our nhs bursary and our student finance loan?
Original post by sarataher
does anybody know if it is likely that we will be offered halls (if so when do we apply or find out)? or would we only be able to get shared accommodation? also when do we apply for our nhs bursary and our student finance loan?

We phone uni early next year apparently to see if there is any space for us in halls, and I'm going to apply for the bursary soonin case it takes a while to go through just as I've done with my student finance cos we all know how rubbish they are ahah
so you have already applied for your student finance?
Original post by sarataher
so you have already applied for your student finance?

yeah, because i went through clearing I had already applied but i only had to change a few things on the form that they sent me to fill out
Original post by aimeelouise24
I hope they do too, I've been looking at houses but I'd be much easier if I had someone to look with and we knew who we were living with :/ xx

I've been looking too, it's such a pain! If we can't get halls then we should all get a house together as it would be nice to live with fellow student nurses! xx
Original post by FunkyMonkeyGeo13
I've been looking too, it's such a pain! If we can't get halls then we should all get a house together as it would be nice to live with fellow student nurses! xx

Definitely! Id rather live with other nurses xx
Original post by aimeelouise24
Definitely! Id rather live with other nurses xx

Add me on Facebook if you like x 'Georgina Rose Mercy'
Original post by FunkyMonkeyGeo13
Add me on Facebook if you like x 'Georgina Rose Mercy'

Done!
Hi I'm jade :smile: I've been accepted for the feb intake to do adult nursing at Falmer! I'm glad I've found some other people on my campus and some that are doing nursing! would be great to get to know some of you!x
everybody add me on facebook 'sara tee' :-)
Hey, I'm Kirsty. I'm applying for Brighton and Surrey for Feb 2015. I'm going through an NHS secondment, so the application process has only just started! Fingers crossed!
Original post by sparklier
Hey, I'm Kirsty. I'm applying for Brighton and Surrey for Feb 2015. I'm going through an NHS secondment, so the application process has only just started! Fingers crossed!

Good luck!
Reply 39
Glad to see there are people getting in touch before the course! Add me on Facebook everyone 'mica Jenkins' maybe we should make a group on there?
Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending