The Student Room Group

english controlled assessment moderated

A while back i wrote a book and uploaded it to a writing website, some time after i had to write a creative writing story for a english controlled assessment, so i decided to use my opening page to my writing story. my controlled assessment was chosen to be sent off and marked, they are obviously going to find it online, will i get done for this? even though what they will find online is my work, and my own story?
Original post by shann12345
A while back i wrote a book and uploaded it to a writing website, some time after i had to write a creative writing story for a english controlled assessment, so i decided to use my opening page to my writing story. my controlled assessment was chosen to be sent off and marked, they are obviously going to find it online, will i get done for this? even though what they will find online is my work, and my own story?

If you can find it online, perhaps take it down or change the privacy options on it, just to be on the safe side, particularly if it's a word for word copy. Or perhaps discuss the matter with your teacher when you go back to school. If there was an issue, I'd like to hope the exam board would contact you to query it as opposed to marking you harshly.

My GCSE Media Studies coursework on advertising actually ended up being used in a real-life advertising campaign (crazy, I know). My internal coursework mark was a very high A* grade, with the teachers very confident I'd achieved this, so much so that I was the only student in the year who was told their grade before it was sent off. I mentioned that it'd been acquired by a global brand within my analysis but on results day I found out I'd only gotten a B grade overall, which I was absolutely gutted about.

Quick Reply

Latest