The Student Room Group

Is it possible/likely for a girl to not want to be friends with a guy...

...Because she doesn't want to be friendzoned?

Scroll to see replies

It is possible, but I wouldn't say it is that likely.
Reply 2
If a girl doesn't want to be friends with you, chances are she thinks you're a dick. No other reason. Stop obsessing over her because you might get arrested.
Reply 3
Original post by rmhumphries
It is possible, but I wouldn't say it is that likely.

Do you know what the likely reasons could be?
Reply 4
Original post by Steezy
If a girl doesn't want to be friends with you, chances are she thinks you're a dick. No other reason. Stop obsessing over her because you might get arrested.

I was very nice to her; I definitely wasn't being a dick.
Reply 5
Original post by Summerdays
I was very nice to her; I definitely wasn't being a dick.

Or creepy/leery/just doesn't like you. My advice would be to leave her alone.
Original post by Steezy

Or she thinks you're a creep.
Reply 7
Original post by shopoholic

Interchangeable in my experience
Reply 8

She wants us to be just acquaintances.
Reply 9
Maybe you will damage her reputation if you're seen with her, thus she can't be friends with you.
Original post by xDave-
Maybe you will damage her reputation if you're seen with her, thus she can't be friends with you.

Any girl with that attitude isn't worth being friends with tbh.
Did she say that?

Yes.
Original post by xDave-

She doesn't have one to begin with.
Maybe she likes you but thinks she has no chance with you and is therefore refraining herself from talking to you?

She also has a boyfriend, and the boyfriend doesn't know me; her and I were only friends for about a week before she decided that she didn't want to be my friend, only acquaintances.
You have a crush on her and she knows it :colone:

I'm not wrong am I?
Yeah, I think she likes you or found you a bit creepy or a jerk after getting to know you. (No offence, I'm just weighing the options)

Those are the two options that I had in my mind before I made this thread, so no offense taken :smile:

We had an extremely good conversation together, on fb, the day before she decided that she doesn't want to be my friend. She says that the reason she doesn't want me to be her friend is because she doesn't want me to develop feelings for her, despite trying my best to convince her otherwise. But she still wants me to talk to her whenever I see her in person.
Original post by mmms95
It sounds like her boyfriend didn't like you guys being friends.... So she told you she didn't want to be friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a possibility, but he doesn't know me.
Reply 17
Those are the two options that I had in my mind before I made this thread, so no offense taken :smile:

We had an extremely good conversation together, on fb, the day before she decided that she doesn't want to be my friend. She says that the reason she doesn't want me to be her friend is because she doesn't want me to develop feelings for her, despite trying my best to convince her otherwise. But she still wants me to talk to her whenever I see her in person.

So in other words she thinks you've got the hots for her and doesn't want to get your hopes up, wants your attention and interest but doesn't want to be closely associated with you?
Wow, either Mr. Boyfriend has said a few words or we have one hell of a narcissistic girl here.
Original post by Riku
So in other words she thinks you've got the hots for her and doesn't want to get your hopes up, wants your attention and interest but doesn't want to be closely associated with you?
Wow, either Mr. Boyfriend has said a few words or we have one hell of a narcissistic girl here.

To be fair, I did flirt with her a bit - but I wasn't at all aware she has a boyfriend (she told me a few hours later on fb). I told her that I flirt with most girls that I am comfortable with if I don't know if they have a boyfriend, or if I want to test if a relationship is a possibility (this is true). Yet she insists that I WILL develop feelings for her if I keep talking to her on fb, like her "many other male friends". This doesn't make any sense in my head. I told her that I want us to be friends, I think she'll make a fantastic friend; the two of us are extremely similar.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
To be fair, I did flirt with her a bit - but I wasn't at all aware she has a boyfriend (she told me a few hours later on fb). I told her that I flirt with most girls that I am comfortable with if I don't know if they have a boyfriend, or if I want to test if a relationship if a possibility (this is true). Yet she insists that I WILL develop feelings for her if I keep talking to her on fb, like her "many other male friends". This doesn't make any sense in my head. I told her that I want us to be friends, I think she'll make a fantastic friend; the two of us are extremely similar.

Either insecure and doing a terrible job at covering it up by overcompensating or ego the size of a house. Happens a lotwhen younger. Either way, bear this in mind if you do decide to be friends. Hopefully, she'll grow out of it.

Quick Reply