The Student Room Group

trying to choose between Durham, Kent, Lancaster - advice/input needed

I currently have offers from Kent to do English Lit, Durham to do Combined in the Arts (w/foundation), and Goldsmiths, and I'm finding it really hard to choose between them.

Logically Durham would make the most sense, it's by far the most prestigious and the Foundation part of it ensures that I wouldn't feel completely out of place age-wise.

Kent is also pretty good - what with the Erasmus scheme and offer to pay half the cost of a Masters.

The thing is I'm now considering sacking off all my offers and going through UCAS extra for Lancaster (provided they think it's likely they'd offer me a place).

Unfortunately, due to my late decision to study Lit over Social Science, I've not had the chance to visit either Lancaster - does anyone have any idea what the English Course is like and how suited Lancaster is for mature students?

I'm not really interested in the social side of things, I just want somewhere quiet where I can get stuck in to my subject
Reply 1
I went to Kent - not as a mature student though. It was pretty good, it's in a quiet town and the uni has plenty of studying space available, and the pastoral support was reasonable. Apart from that I can't really say much more than that, as I don't have relevant experience with the other two choices. Why not look through the uni's website and see if there's somebody you can contact to ask them these questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending