The Student Room Group

Art GCSE: Identity

HELLO!
I am struggling to start this topic of identity as I haven't got the faintest idea of what to do! I was hoping to know what three topics in the theme of identity which I could look into further and how to set out my book pages! And any other information that could come in handy! Thanks!
Original post by FrankieVicente
HELLO!
I am struggling to start this topic of identity as I haven't got the faintest idea of what to do! I was hoping to know what three topics in the theme of identity which I could look into further and how to set out my book pages! And any other information that could come in handy! Thanks!

hey FrankieVicente!

I've moved this to the creative arts forum - I'm hoping some fellow art students will be able to help you here :biggrin:
Original post by FrankieVicente
HELLO!

What's the actual task? How does identity relate? Personal identity?
Reply 3
Hi, I did identity at gcse too. I just looked at things that i liked, hobbies, religious symbols, things that represented me; i painted/drew myself, my fave celebs, the
British flag, british monuments, pets, fav brand logos etc and USE LOTS OF DIFFERENT MEDIA- acrylics, watercolours, oil pastels, fineliner+water, ink and water and household bleach. Just draw a heck of a lot of stuff to do with things that represent you and make it colourful. also, ANNOTATION IS KEY. Its also worth observing what style is popular in your class, for example, when i was doing gcse Anime was huge- I did a page of drawings of facial features in anime style and commented on what i thought of the style-whether i liked it or not. You need to include artist research and use elements of the artists work in your own work- e.g. i was looking at frida kahlo so i painted my face instead of fridas when i painted her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by She-Ra
hey FrankieVicente!

I've moved this to the creative arts forum - I'm hoping some fellow art students will be able to help you here :biggrin:

thank you
Reply 5
Original post by mubaraka_sh
Hi, I did identity at gcse too. I just looked at things that i liked, hobbies, religious symbols, things that represented me; i painted/drew myself, my fave celebs, the
British flag, british monuments, pets, fav brand logos etc and USE LOTS OF DIFFERENT MEDIA- acrylics, watercolours, oil pastels, fineliner+water, ink and water and household bleach. Just draw a heck of a lot of stuff to do with things that represent you and make it colourful. also, ANNOTATION IS KEY. Its also worth observing what style is popular in your class, for example, when i was doing gcse Anime was huge- I did a page of drawings of facial features in anime style and commented on what i thought of the style-whether i liked it or not. You need to include artist research and use elements of the artists work in your own work- e.g. i was looking at frida kahlo so i painted my face instead of fridas when i painted her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you
I'm doing this topic right now and i'm really stuck on a front cover. Many people have just drawn a face with different medias; watercolour, pencils, acrylics, but I want to do something different. Like making a painting out of fingerprints. Not quite sure yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending