The Student Room Group

Where do we draw the line with the term homophobia ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Midnight blush
Hmm interesting point. I have noticed that many people have been forced to accept all the stuff to do with gay people via tv, papers ECT. Everybody has their own opinions, But I don't think it should be shoved down everyone's throats. The term homophobic seems to be used way to much about anyone who doesn't jump on the whole movement thing going on.

Do you realise how ridiculous and stupid you sound? The 'whole movement going on'; what the hell do you mean by that? What do you propose, that we turn into a country in Africa and they are arrested or even killed if they are openly gay?

Also, for you all you people who are so strongly homophobic, there's an interesting study that suggests that those who are homophobic actually have unacknowledged attractions to the same sex, often due to a result of being brought up by authoritarian parents who also held homophobic views.
(edited 10 years ago)
You can't use that word! You don't know what struggles we've been through!

But srs though. The vulgar gays are annoying. The ones that openly talk loudly about anal sex in everyday conversation like its normal. I don't even talk about stuff I do with girls unless its in private with my buds lmao.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Carl1234
Do you realise how ridiculous and stupid you sound? The 'whole movement going on'; what the hell do you mean by that? What do you propose, that we turn into a country like Africa and they are arrested or even killed if they are openly gay?

Also, for you all you people who are so strongly homophobic, there's an interesting study that suggests that those who are homophobic actually have unacknowledged attractions to the same sex, often due to a result of being brought up by authoritarian parents who also held homophobic views.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh do you want us to turn into a country like Africa :ahee:
Reply 43
Original post by abdulahi
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh do you want us to turn into a country like Africa :ahee:

Haha, meant a country IN Africa. my bad
Reply 44
Gay marriage should never ever exist it's disgusting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically, you have underlining gay urges and thoughts.
Original post by Midnight blush
Hmm interesting point. I have noticed that many people have been forced to accept all the stuff to do with gay people via tv, papers ECT. Everybody has their own opinions, But I don't think it should be shoved down everyone's throats. The term homophobic seems to be used way to much about anyone who doesn't jump on the whole movement thing going on.

Just the way hetrosexuality is shoved down homosexual people's throats every day then eh? Just something to think about.
Original post by Old_Simon
Adoption of needy children by "gay" people makes me sick.

Most of your posts are full of total nonsense, so I'm not surprised.
gay marriage should never ever exist it's disgusting

posted from tsr mobile

hahahahaha!
Reply 49

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are trying to make a one size fits all gate hear.

Yes there is such a thing as "reaction formation" where people mask something by forming an opposite view. It accounts for some instances of reactions to homosexuality but not all. And I would say not the majority. This is likely to take place on maladjusted people.

Many feel that gay marriage is a contradiction in terms and contradicts God's law.

There are media and political bandwagons for P.C. Things and gates like this, to try to say that there is something wrong with people who disagree is used as a device to get people through the gate. This is a manipulation tactic used by a bourgeois liberal elite.
Original post by Ageofsin&lies
You are trying to make a one size fits all gate hear.

Yes there is such a thing as "reaction formation" where people mask something by forming an opposite view. It accounts for some instances of reactions to homosexuality but not all. And I would say not the majority. This is likely to take place on maladjusted people.

Many feel that gay marriage is a contradiction in terms and contradicts God's law.

There are media and political bandwagons for P.C. Things and gates like this, to try to say that there is something wrong with people who disagree is used as a device to get people through the gate. This is a manipulation tactic used by a bourgeois liberal elite.

I hope you didn't type that with a straight face.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwertyking
I hope you didn't type that with a straight face.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read me username then think again whether I'm joking.

See this is rubbish . CLEARLY rubbish . This is what people are talking about . the lies and the labelling of people . You lose all credibility when you start bringing up tosh like this
Original post by ILovePancakes
Well you don't need to 'get down' with it. You just need to accept that it happens. You should treat everyone with equal respect - regardless of who the are attracted to.

Just because you aren't attracted to men does not mean others shouldn't be. By that logic, homosexuals should dislike you because you aren't attracted to men.

Oh, and word of advice, the use of the word alpha is disgusting. Please don't describe yourself as such. It implies that you think you're better than other people.

I never said i was better than anyone . Im just telling you what i am so you can understand better why I hold these views
Reply 55
People who say that being gay and gay marriage isn't "natural" really piss me off, it's such an antiquated way of thinking. LOVE is natural, if it weren't natural then it wouldn't happen within our minds and bodies, right? Just because two people are physically unable to have a child doesn't mean that their love isn't real or natural. Many same-sex couples find that they are unable to conceive or have children through the traditional route but nobody says anything about their union being "wrong" or "unnatural".

Society is constantly changing and, nowadays, we could say that it has grown but there are still some people who are bound to such old concepts. Definitely, we have come through leaps and bounds but the fact that even now there are people who view any race, gender, sexual orientation as inferior angers me to the core :mad: I really thought that people knew better, to not judge anyone based on their background.

Those people who have a problem with gay marriage should really learn to mind their own businesses. How does it affect you? If a straight couple got married, you wouldn't bat an eyelid but when a gay couple get married you seem to have an opinion which, on a collective whole, hinders the lives and happiness of other human beings. WHY STOP PEOPLE FROM EXPERIENCING HAPPINESS? They are people and deserve everything that everyone else is afforded.

In ancient Greece, it was extremely common for men to have sexual relations with other men. It was never deemed taboo or wrong and was probably never even labelled as homosexuality as it just happened. Experts have found that there was no word used in ancient times for relations that we would deem to be hetero- or homo-sexual and there was never any distinction between the two. There was never any need to define or isolate it from other relationships and men just had sex with other men and with women. So homosexuality was just sexuality; no straight or gay or anything in between, just human. I'm not saying all aspects of their culture were perfect but if they had this way of thinking so long ago then why do we assume that it's not the right way to live now? Why has society done a u-turn on human acceptance and development? These people were pioneers and much of modern science and philosophy came from this culture. It was similar in ancient Rome. Then came the dark ages when people regressed intellectually: perhaps that's when it was decided that such relations were wrong, when the population regressed.
(edited 10 years ago)
I have a suggestion of where we draw the line. We draw it where Putin has drawn it. People are allowed to be gay If they want to as people are free to do whatever they want in their bedroom as long as it doesn't get anyone, but we stop gay propaganda e.g. The promotion of gayness as if its some ultra-cool highly sophisticated movement that you need to be a part of.

Gay marriage is simply ridiculous.

Marriage comes from Christianity and God said that marriage is between man and woman. Sure gay people can have a union, the state had introduced civil partnerships, but to take something from Christianity, marriage and turn it upside down is a shameful disrespect to Christianity. I do not respect certain act so the state and do not recognise them and this is one of them.

Im not religious but i actually agree with this and i feel this hasn't been said enough . If i go to a venue that says the dress code is strictly black shoes,im not going to turn up wearing white trainers ever week .
(edited 10 years ago)
just added a poll
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
I have a suggestion of where we draw the line. We draw it where Putin has drawn it. People are allowed to be gay If they want to as people are free to do whatever they want in their bedroom as long as it doesn't get anyone, but we stop gay propaganda e.g. The promotion of gayness as if its some ultra-cool highly sophisticated movement that you need to be a part of.

Gay marriage is simply ridiculous.

Marriage comes from Christianity and God said that marriage is between man and woman. Sure gay people can have a union, the state had introduced civil partnerships, but to take something from Christianity, marriage and turn it upside down is a shameful disrespect to Christianity. I do not respect certain act so the state and do not recognise them and this is one of them.

As someone else has already pointed out, marriage is not a Christian construct. It existed long before Christianity did.

And the reason why there is so much gay propaganda is not to promote new recruits or paint an "ultra-cool" picture, it's to raise awareness. The LGBT society are being oppressed by society and now the government? That completely goes against human rights and freedom of speech.
By withdrawing the education of children about society and acceptance of people no matter what their background, you risk raising a generation of bigots. And what of the children who will grow up to realise that they are gay or lesbian? They'll be outcasts and will repress their feelings, thinking that it's wrong and they won't feel safe or secure within their own societies. The government owes it to all of their gay citizens to help them and not make them feel as if their lifestyle is being criticised. They end up being social pariahs who don't deserve to be so. All humans should be equal and be afforded the same things. But I know that my sentiments are optimistic as humans can be a cruel and unforgiving race.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly a fantastic reason to prevent gay people from getting married.

Oh hey wait, we don't base laws on whether one person finds it disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending