The Student Room Group

Hsbc first year summer internship

Hi guys, couldn't find a thread on this so decided to make this one. Who has got an assessment centre? Mine is on the 16th. How is everyone's preparation going? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I passed the interview but haven't been told when my AC is yet. How long did it take them to get back to you? I guess I could be on the one on the 16th, haha. Any ideas what to expect?

Should I contact them? I interviewed on Tuesday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by will2348
I passed the interview but haven't been told when my AC is yet. How long did it take them to get back to you? I guess I could be on the one on the 16th, haha. Any ideas what to expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did my interview in end of february and they got back to me at the start of april. They said they had been focusing on graduate applications so ours hadn't been fully processed yet, hence the delay. But I think now the graduate stuff must be coming to an end. They said they have assessment centres in April and May so you could have it at the end of April or beginning of May, because they also emailed saying that they invite candidates 2 weeks before their scheduled assessment centre. Well done on passing the interview, hopefully you will get the AC soon :smile: if you want to contact them then go ahead, but I don't know how helpful that will be. You could ask them roughly how long post interview they will take to get back to you?
Reply 3
Hi
I have an assessment centre on the 16th as well. I don't know what to expect
Reply 4
Original post by Jea30
Hi
I have an assessment centre on the 16th as well. I don't know what to expect

Yey :smile: well i've been trying to do some research online, and it really didn't help that there was no tsr thread about this internship, i don't know anyone who has done this....however, apparently the interview is mainly competency and motivation based, but i'm trying to learn some technical information anyway....I do Chemistry so I am a little worried that I could struggle with the case study. There is also a role play by the looks of it but no idea what that will involve. And I think we might have to do the numerical test again....what are your thoughts?
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

I interviewed on March 16 and passed and have yet to hear when my AC is. My application status on recently (about a week ago) changed to "passed telephone interview". So I wouldn't worry about them getting back to you. Wait a little while longer.
Anyone know how to contact HSBC HR? I just realised for the credit check I answered my mother's maiden name wrong, will that matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Anyone know how to contact HSBC HR? I just realised for the credit check I answered my mother's maiden name wrong, will that matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to be on the safe side, I think it would be a good idea to call them up. The number for graduate recruitment/queries is 02081 233823 :smile:
Original post by Zeegie
Just to be on the safe side, I think it would be a good idea to call them up. The number for graduate recruitment/queries is 02081 233823 :smile:

Thank you - I'll give them a call tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually just realised it is a bank holiday tomorrow, don't suppose you have an email? Haha :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Actually just realised it is a bank holiday tomorrow, don't suppose you have an email? Haha :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

[email protected]
Reply 12
Hi, I was just wondering if any of you could please give me an idea of what the assessment centre is going to be like?

Thank you so much if you can:smile:
Reply 13
Hi, I have my telephone interview later- how did you guys find it? I'm really nervous!
I got sent an email today saying congratulations on passing the telephone interview and credit check, however the assessment centre is now a first come first served basis?? From what I've read above, 16th May seems like the date for it, however i have uni exams on the: 12,13,14,15,16,19,20,21, surely they cant expect me to do both?

Thoughts would be good !
I got this message also. But I haven't got the email that let's you schedule the AC? Has anyone been able to do that yet?

Just explain your situation to HR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone managed to book themselves onto the AC? There are no slots left - does that mean they have all gone? :frown:
Reply 17
Has anyone managed to book themselves onto the AC? There are no slots left - does that mean they have all gone? :frown:

I clicked on the link as soon as the email came through and no slots were there :s-smilie:
I emailed them about this already. I clicked on the link about 1 minute after receiving the email (sitting by my computer refreshing all morning) however there are no slots left and they said sorry but its a first come first served basis.

This is riduculous, you jump through all these hoops and then miss out because someone has a faster finger than you
Original post by adamdurrant
I emailed them about this already. I clicked on the link about 1 minute after receiving the email (sitting by my computer refreshing all morning) however there are no slots left and they said sorry but its a first come first served basis.

This is riduculous, you jump through all these hoops and then miss out because someone has a faster finger than you

So does that mean we could potentially get rejected on that basis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending