The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Different club/society

Hi guys,

I will be starting at Bath from September and was wondering if you could apply to any sports club regardless of your skills. For instance, I am not that proficient at cricket but can I still join the club?

Also how many clubs/societies are you allowed to join? Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.
Original post by Firefly_cherome
Hi guys,I will be starting at Bath from September and was wondering if you could apply to any sports club regardless of your skills. For instance, I am not that proficient at cricket but can I still join the club?Also how many clubs/societies are you allowed to join? Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.

Hi there,Glad to hear you'll be joining us at the university in September!

Yes, you definitely can join any sports club regardless of your skills!

I've provided a link to the cricket club society page here so you can contact the club with any concerns before you join, if you wish.

As for how many clubs and societies you can join, there isn't a limit - it's really up to you and how many you feel you can balance alongside your studies! Most students tend to try out a few in their first year and then commit to 1 or 2, but it's really a personal thing. You can also join new societies and clubs throughout any time in your degree.

I've included a list of the societies and sports clubs available at Bath for you to take a look at, and if a society you'd like to join doesn't exist yet, you can always create it!

I hope all this has helped, if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to quote me!

Nicole.
(edited 10 years ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Firefly_cherome
Hi guys,

I will be starting at Bath from September and was wondering if you could apply to any sports club regardless of your skills. For instance, I am not that proficient at cricket but can I still join the club?

Also how many clubs/societies are you allowed to join? Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.

You don't need to be amazing at sports to join a club - some clubs have teams of different levels (eg rugby has a first team, second team, third team etc) so you can find your own level to compete at. You don't have to be competitive either, you can just attend training and socials.

There's no limit other than time and money. Most societies have a signup fee that's pretty affordable and most societies give you perks (karate gives you money off at Belushi's, cheap stuff elsewhere as an example) that make the fee back if you use them enough.

Quick Reply

Latest