The Student Room Group

I've made a mistake!!!

In my letter that I sent to several dentists for work experience I put 'overshadow' instead of 'shadow' a member of staff and I didn't pick up on the mistake when I read it. It was only until my brother pointed it out to me after I sent the letters, that I realised. Considering I have sent the letters off do you reckon they will understand what I meant? I'm worrying quite a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try not to worry, it should be fine and they'll know what you mean anyway! I hope you get the work experience! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by A future Midwife
Try not to worry, it should be fine and they'll know what you mean anyway! I hope you get the work experience! :smile:

Thankyou, luckily I still have a few more left to send today and only sent half yesterday, about 40 in total around my area. Hopefully they will realise I made a mistake because those two words have completely different meanings :colondollar:
Reply 3
When's the deadline for you?
Reply 4
Original post by Ned Stark
When's the deadline for you?

I presume you are in 12 and there might be a 'deadline' of some sort. However, I am in year 11 and trying to get some work experience by sending out as many letters in the post as I can. I'm not too sure what deadline you are talking about, is this something that you do in sixth form/college?
Reply 5
Original post by GoldGhost
I presume you are in 12 and there might be a 'deadline' of some sort. However, I am in year 11 and trying to get some work experience by sending out as many letters in the post as I can. I'm not too sure what deadline you are talking about, is this something that you do in sixth form/college?

Ohhh, so you are literally just doing work experience on your own accord. I did dentistry in Year 10, because I wanted to do medicine and the NHS has an age policy. You're probably in that same boat I was in :smile:

In sixth form, we do work experience but due to the high competition, we had to get it done pronto
Reply 6
Looool funny as heck tbh
Reply 7
Original post by Ned Stark
Ohhh, so you are literally just doing work experience on your own accord. I did dentistry in Year 10, because I wanted to do medicine and the NHS has an age policy. You're probably in that same boat I was in :smile:

In sixth form, we do work experience but due to the high competition, we had to get it done pronto

Yep, my school doesn't allow us to do work experience in year 10/11 and so I've had to do the work myself. I know some places have age restrictions but luckily I am 16 so I have a few more doors open to me.
Reply 8
Original post by ZeroName
Looool funny as heck tbh

That's what I was going to say: "overshadow", haaahhhaha.:laugh: That made my day!!!

Don't worry, OP. They will probably just laugh a little but then they will understand what you meant! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Jenn.
That's what I was going to say: "overshadow", haaahhhaha.:laugh: That made my day!!!

Don't worry, OP. They will probably just laugh a little but then they will understand what you meant! :smile:

Hopefully they will understand, otherwise I sound like a pretentious 16 year old...
Reply 10
Original post by GoldGhost
Hopefully they will understand, otherwise I sound like a pretentious 16 year old...

Yes, I'm sure they will. :smile: Don't worry.
Reply 11
dont worry they will probably know what you mean it wont affect ur letter negatively
Reply 12
Original post by Shadoo
dont worry they will probably know what you mean it wont affect ur letter negatively

Thankyou, I hope not :-)
Reply 13
It's fine now, as a result I've got 4 weeks worth of work experienced lined up with gps and dentists. Obviously didn't hinder me too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending