The Student Room Group

Driving test tourism?

What are your thoughts on taking a test in a centre with high pass rates. To give an extreme example, 100% pass rate in South Uist (Outer Hebrides) in the Western Isles or generally little towns in rural areas?

Obviously there are two problems, one is getting a car that you can drive for the test, the other is getting somewhere out of the way in the first place. But apart from those, is driving test tourism a good option?

PS. I had my first driving lesson yesterday. As I have little intention of driving like you're taught after you pass the test, I just want to game the test as much as possible to get my license like I have done for every sort of qualification in my life.
(edited 10 years ago)
If it became something a few people did, I can see it being stopped.
Reply 2
Taking it at a centre with a high pass rate doesn't guarantee you'll pass, though. Surely it's better to take it in an area you'll be familiar with.
Reply 3
Original post by Philbert
Taking it at a centre with a high pass rate doesn't guarantee you'll pass, though. Surely it's better to take it in an area you'll be familiar with.

This. If you take it in your home centre, then the route will be pretty much the same as your driving instructor takes you on in lessons and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending