The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Anyone studying languages at the University of Chester 2014/2015?

I'm hoping to be studying English and Spanish starting September 2014. Was just seeing if there are many other people studying languages next term?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well I'm doing English but with Sociology. Still counts, right? :P
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
I'm doing Law and French... idk, on the open day all of the languages were in the same block/ floor?? we'll probably run into each other :biggrin:
Newp they weren't, english was a separate block

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohh yeah... it was by the little church thing wasn't it?? oops sorry i was thinking about the accommodation that we had a look at. Also, i think 'newp' just became my new favourite word. It is a little campus anyway, i'm sure that during freshers week everyone will fall over everyone else at some point ^_^
Reply 5
Sorry to bring up an old threat but im studying German and Spanish so we would br in the same department :smile: are you doing Spanish post a level?
Reply 6
I'm doing Spanish with Criminology :smile:
Hello! I'm going to be studying German and Psychology!
Though I'd like to learn Spanish as well. Maybe I could sneak into a few Spanish lectures :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by KatherineSadler
Though I'd like to learn Spanish as well. Maybe I could sneak into a few Spanish lectures :wink:

Just like we did in the previous year, you do get the chance to pick 'introduction to spanish' as one of your modules. so you actually get to learn spanish at a beginners level for a whole year :smile:....
.....coming from a now second year German student at the uni
Original post by c-danny
Just like we did in the previous year, you do get the chance to pick 'introduction to spanish' as one of your modules. so you actually get to learn spanish at a beginners level for a whole year :smile:....
.....coming from a now second year German student at the uni

Wow, thats brilliant. Though my other modules are filled up with Psychology. I wonder if you could volunteer to do an extra module?
how areyou finding the German course!?
Reply 10
Wow, thats brilliant. Though my other modules are filled up with Psychology. I wonder if you could volunteer to do an extra module?
how areyou finding the German course!?

i doubt you could 'volunteer' trust me, its not such a big deal, believe me whatever modules you're doing you'll love it. its really good actually :smile: are you at the chester or warrington campus?
Yes, I am studying English Language and Spanish :smile:
Reply 12

well ive always Psychology looked interesting, so we can swap text books :wink: does anyone know if you can do an introductory module in French?
Original post by callso
well ive always Psychology looked interesting, so we can swap text books :wink: does anyone know if you can do an introductory module in French?

Are you studying German aswell??
French & psychology :smile: so so excited!
I'm studying Law and Spanish
Damn, Spanish seems popular (Y)
Reply 16
Are you studying German aswell??

yeah im doing German and Beginners Spanish :smile:
I'm going to be doing the full Modern Languages: French, Spanish and Beginners Chinese!
Hi! Quick question for the German people especially those combining...
i have just been online to enrol and I need to choose a 20 credit module. I can't decide between Austrian and Swiss studies (which would probably be the best choice being in German) or beginners Spanish! Any one else struggling to decide??
Reply 19
Anyone interested In a Rosetta Stone French box set? Level 1-5
Brand new and sealed RRP £370
£80
contact 07762149330
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending