The Student Room Group

WJEC - Official BY1 Discussion - 21/05/14

Anyone else doing WJEC Biology? Doubt there'll be many but if you want to ask questions and discuss after the exam, we can do it here.

This is for BY1.

Good Luck.

BY2: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47136481
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Anyone else doing WJEC Biology? Doubt there'll be many but if you want to ask questions and discuss after the exam, we can do it here.

This is for BY1.

Good Luck.

BY2: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47136481

Woo hey! :awesome:
Yes I am and I have a um, not brilliant teacher so I'm slightly nervous. Just dedicating more of my revision time to biology to compensate :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by 3mma_gal96
Woo hey! :awesome:
Yes I am and I have a um, not brilliant teacher so I'm slightly nervous. Just dedicating more of my revision time to biology to compensate :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

One of mine has bipolar I swear :mmm:

BY1 is a lot easier than BY2 so I'm glad there's an equal weighting between them.
Reply 4
I'm hoping to get close to full UMS for BY1 because you can drop 9 marks and still get full UMS. Then I can get a high C in BY2 for the A I need. BY1 is fairly straight forward but I can't get over a D in BY2. I probably will only revise two nights before the BY1 exam got too much maths/chemistry to revise :frown:
Reply 5
One of mine has bipolar I swear :mmm:

BY1 is a lot easier than BY2 so I'm glad there's an equal weighting between them.

Ahah, we don't have the same teacher do we?:yy:
Original post by HighSinBerg
I'm hoping to get close to full UMS for BY1 because you can drop 9 marks and still get full UMS. Then I can get a high C in BY2 for the A I need. BY1 is fairly straight forward but I can't get over a D in BY2. I probably will only revise two nights before the BY1 exam got too much maths/chemistry to revise :frown:

To both; yeah I do agree that BY1 is easier than BY2 because there's less content but I think I prefer by2 :s-smilie: I was revising BY1 today and nearly fell asleep revising cell structures :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

To both; yeah I do agree that BY1 is easier than BY2 because there's less content but I think I prefer by2 :s-smilie: I was revising BY1 today and nearly fell asleep revising cell structures :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just watch videos on youtube cell structure/organelles etc.. much more fun than reading and very informative too. I would recommend bozeman science! :biggrin:
Reply 7

Yeah, my plan is the same but BY2 I want a good A too for Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have two teachers :lol: the other one is getting moody too...

How was BY3 guys?
Reply 8
Retaking BY1 & BY2! Ask me for help if you need it, it wasn't tooooo bad last year guys so no fear :smile: just learn EVERYTHING. What revision guides are you guys using?
Reply 9
Original post by jenigma
Retaking BY1 & BY2! Ask me for help if you need it, it wasn't tooooo bad last year guys so no fear :smile: just learn EVERYTHING. What revision guides are you guys using?

Im using the WJEC student guide and revision guide in addition with a general CGP book. What did you get for BY1 & BY2 last year :smile: ?
Have you got the big textbook? The black one? It's awesome. But the student guide is just as good :smile:
I made the mistake of not understanding concepts properly, make sure you do so!! ALWAYS ASK (unlike me) :tongue:
I got a B overall, not sure individually but I always do better in the harder one for some reason, so I'm guessing BY2 was higher! But I want an A* so I'm retaking (:
How was BY3 guys?

My BY3 was fine think I dropped few marks on microscope drawing , biological knowledge and conclusion apart from that full marks; I'd say 35/44 at the minimum and max 37/44. What about your BY3? :biggrin:
Original post by jenigma
Have you got the big textbook? The black one? It's awesome. But the student guide is just as good :smile:
I made the mistake of not understanding concepts properly, make sure you do so!! ALWAYS ASK (unlike me) :tongue:
I got a B overall, not sure individually but I always do better in the harder one for some reason, so I'm guessing BY2 was higher! But I want an A* so I'm retaking (:

Yh I use the big one as well its much better than the other smaller guide lol haven't even touched that one, the contents explained to good detail and there's colours and pictures on the bigger one :tongue:
Reply 13
My BY3 was fine think I dropped few marks on microscope drawing , biological knowledge and conclusion apart from that full marks; I'd say 35/44 at the minimum and max 37/44. What about your BY3? :biggrin:

Ah micropscope drawings were a ****ing pain.

I'm hoping 41+ just want full UMS.
Yh I use the big one as well its much better than the other smaller guide lol haven't even touched that one, the contents explained to good detail and there's colours and pictures on the bigger one :tongue:

exactly! it's just all the pretty colours that get me :colondollar:so beauuuuutiful
Just watch videos on youtube cell structure/organelles etc.. much more fun than reading and very informative too. I would recommend bozeman science! :biggrin:

Alright,cool,thanks,I'll check it out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, my plan is the same but BY2 I want a good A too for Cambridge.

I have two teachers :lol: the other one is getting moody too...

How was BY3 guys?

Got 2 too, although the other one's good so that's cool (Y)
Genuinely don't have a clue how BY3 went, arghh :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Got 2 too, although the other one's good so that's cool (Y)
Genuinely don't have a clue how BY3 went, arghh :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't realise it's externally marked... So was a bit scared :lol:
I didn't realise it's externally marked... So was a bit scared :lol:

Yeah it's scary! Like you don't know how it's gone at all, you just do it and bam it's sent off :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Yeah it's scary! Like you don't know how it's gone at all, you just do it and bam it's sent off :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah well can't change it.

Did my BY2 revision today, it's just so much, nothing too hard though. Love the haemoglobin stuff :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending