The Student Room Group

Exam superstition

Does anyone have interesting/bizarre exam superstitions?

I have two that come to mind, which seem to do the job:

1) I can't shave my facial hair in the fortnight leading up to the exams. I then shave the very night that the exam season is over. Haircut should also be short throughout the exam season, though this is less important.

2) The textbook/revision guide of the exam I'm sitting must be off my bookshelf on the day it takes place. It goes straight back on the shelf when I get home.

Other than that I'm normal, I swear... :biggrin:
- I always have to lay my stationary, water and candidate number out in a particular order on the desk.
- I used to wear my lucky football socks for exams, wore them whilst I broke my ankle and I recovered quite quickly so they accompanied me in exams until my mum accidentally threw them out...
- I like wearing clothes relevant to the exam (sounds weird) but for my geography exam I wore a t-shirt with weather on it, and for my GCSE exam about the Olympics, I very nearly turned up in my Olympic volunteering uniform but opted not to in case I got chucked out xD
Thinking completely positive during the hours leading up the exam, and the exam itself. If I think negative, I have to do a past paper question as punishment.
I can't get rid of any of my revision notes until after I've got the results from the exams hahah! They just have to sit there in my room for months!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I used the same pens for GCSE and A'level. They were supposed to be my lucky pens.
Original post by A future Midwife
I can't get rid of any of my revision notes until after I've got the results from the exams hahah! They just have to sit there in my room for months!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. I also slept with my revision guide or text book under my pillow the night before an exam. Can't do that now I'm at uni though, the textbooks are way to thick :tongue:.
Reply 6
I usually get my hand bands on thinking them as lucky for my exam....
Reply 7
Original post by bluemax
I used the same pens for GCSE and A'level. They were supposed to be my lucky pens.

Oooh that reminds me of another one :tongue:

If an exam goes well, I'll carry on using that pen for the next exam and so on.

If it goes badly, the pen goes straight in the bin :L
Original post by A future Midwife

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm exactly the same! I'm resitting my Economics exams from last year and I was so pleased I kept my notes, kept some for other subjects that friends are taking this year too.

Quick Reply

Latest