I know :/ on the plus side, at least it makes it easier to remember :P
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Liv1997
I know :/ on the plus side, at least it makes it easier to remember :P

I get so easily distracted studying geography and completely forget sometimes I'm supposed to study; only when revising the human side.
Reply 82
Original post by kkboyk
I get so easily distracted studying geography and completely forget sometimes I'm supposed to study; only when revising the human side.

Oh :/ Maybe try new revision? Make it alittle more 'fun' if you want a word for it...?
Reply 83
Original post by Liv1997
Oh :/ Maybe try new revision? Make it alittle more 'fun' if you want a word for it...?

Well, the only strategy that I tried making it more fun was when I was doing my fieldwork at Ludlow, taking pictures with random strangers...

Yeah, I will try and make it more fun.
Original post by kkboyk
Well, the only strategy that I tried making it more fun was when I was doing my fieldwork at Ludlow, taking pictures with random strangers...

Yeah, I will try and make it more fun.

What I do is link my work to real-life situations/events that happen during the day.

Makes things more entertaining :wink:

Especially when you can link elasticity and change in demand due to non price factors (Economics) with getting kicked out of Starbucks :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Leechayy
What I do is link my work to real-life situations/events that happen during the day.

Makes things more entertaining :wink:

Especially when you can link elasticity and change in demand due to non price factors (Economics) with getting kicked out of Starbucks :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So... I should link earthquake to embarrassing farts in public?
Original post by kkboyk
So... I should link earthquake to embarrassing farts in public?

If that works for you, go for it :wink:
I really don't know what to do...

There's a chance I could be invited to another summer school that clashes with the date for the Nottingham Potential one. Do you think I'd be allowed to change my summer school for the 2nd week? (for Maths, Business and Economics)

I really want to go to the University of Nottingham one :cry:
I really don't know what to do...

There's a chance I could be invited to another summer school that clashes with the date for the Nottingham Potential one. Do you think I'd be allowed to change my summer school for the 2nd week? (for Maths, Business and Economics)

I really want to go to the University of Nottingham one :cry:

Aaaa! Hm...dilemma, dilemma...let's see... you should definitely prioritise the one you want to go to the most...or the one you think would definitely benefit you the most. You want to go to both right? Well, I suggest you try changing your week (if possible) but if that doesn't work out, then I guess it's one or the other! Aye, best of luck! I hope you can make it to Nottingham Potential still!
Hello :smile: I've been accepted for the Pharmacy 13th-18th July... anyone else got accepted for Pharmacy or for one in the same week? x
heyy! I'm coming the same week but for medicine!
Original post by Vishnugaa
heyy! I'm coming the same week but for medicine!

Will probably see you there then :smile: Do you think they'll be sending anymore information about it before? Don't really have a clue what is going to happen haha... from what I've heard it sounds a fun week anyway!
Hi everyone,
I have been accepted on the Summer school for Psychology :biggrin: I am really excited but I don't know anyone else who is going, hopefully I will be able to make some new friends. See you all there :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I promise that after June 12, I will be all over this thread :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
To everyone doing the Maths, Business and Economics strand on the Nottingham Potential Summer School:

I am asking for a big favour. I currently hold an offer for the Architecture, Engineering and Physics strand in the first week (29th June - 4th July) but I recently got offered a place onto the Cambridge FE Summer School (1st July - 4th July). I've tried swapping my place over to the second week of the Nottingham Potential Summer School (13th July - 18th July) but all the places have been confirmed. I really don't want to choose between the two and I really want to go to both summer schools! :frown:

My favour is that is there anyone who is willing to swap strands with me?
If so, phone 0115 846 6962 and tell someone called Laura you want to swap strands :smile:

It's either that or I have to do English and American Studies :|

I don't know what else to do! :cry::cry2:
So please... help me out here :wink:
Reply 95
To everyone doing the Maths, Business and Economics strand on the Nottingham Potential Summer School:

I am asking for a big favour. I currently hold an offer for the Architecture, Engineering and Physics strand in the first week (29th June - 4th July) but I recently got offered a place onto the Cambridge FE Summer School (1st July - 4th July). I've tried swapping my place over to the second week of the Nottingham Potential Summer School (13th July - 18th July) but all the places have been confirmed. I really don't want to choose between the two and I really want to go to both summer schools! :frown:

My favour is that is there anyone who is willing to swap strands with me?
If so, phone 0115 846 6962 and tell someone called Laura you want to swap strands :smile:

It's either that or I have to do English and American Studies :|

I don't know what else to do! :cry::cry2:
So please... help me out here :wink:

If it helps I'll ask my friend to swap, since he would be all by himself... that is if he wants to. I'll try and get in contact with you by Monday.
Reply 96
Does anyone know of what day the 1st summer school starts, and what time are we supposed to wait for the coach to pick us up at the train station?

I completely forgot I was doing this -.-
Original post by kkboyk
If it helps I'll ask my friend to swap, since he would be all by himself... that is if he wants to. I'll try and get in contact with you by Monday.

Thanks! You're a hero if he does swap :biggrin:

Original post by kkboyk
Does anyone know of what day the 1st summer school starts, and what time are we supposed to wait for the coach to pick us up at the train station?

12pm at the Nottingham Train Station is what it says in my book
Original post by kkboyk

Hey there!

The* first week of summer school starts on the 29th of June (atleast for me anyway) but you're doing Medical Physiology right?

Here are the dates anyway:

Sunday 29 June- Friday 4 July 2014
Architecture, Engineering and Physics Law and Politics Medical Physiology Nursing and Midwifery Psychology and Philosophy

Sunday 13 July - Friday 18 July 2014
Business, Maths and Economics English, American and Film Studies Medicine Pharmacy

And the coach to pick us up at the train station will arrive at 12pm (I'm going by train too!)

Hope I helped :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by Zazzy1234
Hey there!

The* first week of summer school starts on the 29th of June (atleast for me anyway) but you're doing Medical Physiology right?

Here are the dates anyway:

Sunday 29 June- Friday 4 July 2014
Architecture, Engineering and Physics Law and Politics Medical Physiology Nursing and Midwifery Psychology and Philosophy

Sunday 13 July - Friday 18 July 2014
Business, Maths and Economics English, American and Film Studies Medicine Pharmacy

And the coach to pick us up at the train station will arrive at 12pm (I'm going by train too!)

Hope I helped :smile:

Yeah I'm doing medical physiology (though I wanted to do maths).

How are we going to know who is picking us up, are they like going to hold a sign?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending