The Student Room Group

can I apply now?

hello!

can I apply now to UCAS? which courses are available?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by studos
hello!

can I apply now to UCAS? which courses are available?

Thanks!

You can't make a whole new application for equal consideration until the start of September if you've already applied this cycle. You can apply for courses in UCAS Extra if you decline all your offers, if you have any. The courses available will be on the UCAS Search website, but these courses will be limited and most of the good courses won't be in Extra. You can make a new application if you haven't applied this cycle, from now until June 30th, but universities do not have to look at your application at all and your chances of getting offers is virtually non-existent. If you apply after June 30th your application will automatically be put into clearing and it won't be sent to universities.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I havent applied this year

so there is no chance to be considered for Sept 2014 entry?
Reply 3
Original post by studos

Not really no.
Original post by studos

Yes, there will be courses you can still apply for, although there will be many courses which are closed, the deadline for equal consideration being Jan 15th. You need to contact universities with courses in Extra to ask if they are still accepting applications, as the Extra lists aren't always up to date, then make a normal application. If you have an application in the system you will be eligible for Clearing if you don't get what you want through Extra. That give you two goes at getting into university this September. If you don't get what you want this way, you will have to wait until the next Ucas cycle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending