The Student Room Group

Body or face?

What's more important? Having a nice body or a nice face?
I've come to realise I am always going to be a massive munter so I have turned my attention instead to losing weight. I'm pretty pleased with the progress so far, I still have a long way to go. I know I'm not skinny but I'm a size 8/10, so not fat either. I'm planning to get into weight lifting after exams just to tighten up. anyway since losing weight my confidence has increased somewhat but I haven't noticed myself getting any more male attention than I did when I was a bit heavier. Is it really the face that matters? Am I going to have to fork out tens of thousands on plastic surgery in order to be considered attractive?
Females feel free to answer too about males, just interested in general to see what people think- also would be cool to see if there is a difference between men and women's opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Squat often? We can't see her face when taking her from behind.
Well, most people prefer a good face I think.

Its pretty equal for me, though, tbh. Also, I think unless someone has some serious issues with their teeth/nose (in which case surgery may be required), most people can be at the very worst become decently attractive to a fair few people by working hard on their body, getting a good style, flattering haircut and all that jazz.

I'm not the best looking bloke in the world, quite average by all accounts, but I manage to do alright in the dating department cause I work extremely hard on my body, eat right. Being a former super fatty (300+ lbs when I was 15), I've noticed a massive, massive difference in day to day and dating life since I've lost it all and put on muscle.

So, if you're not naturally pretty/handsome, go out and make an effort to get a good physique. Most people will, in my experience take a great face over a great body in the opposite gender given a choice, but you can't win em all.

Don't go in for surgery unless you have a serious issue like the aforementioned ones, its needless and you're wasting a lot of money.
Original post by elpistolero7
Well, most people prefer a good face I think.

Its pretty equal for me, though, tbh. Also, I think unless someone has some serious issues with their teeth/nose (in which case surgery may be required), most people can be at the very worst become decently attractive to a fair few people by working hard on their body, getting a good style, flattering haircut and all that jazz.

I'm not the best looking bloke in the world, quite average by all accounts, but I manage to do alright in the dating department cause I work extremely hard on my body, eat right. Being a former super fatty (300+ lbs when I was 15), I've noticed a massive, massive difference in day to day and dating life since I've lost it all and put on muscle.

So, if you're not naturally pretty/handsome, go out and make an effort to get a good physique. Most people will, in my experience take a great face over a great body in the opposite gender given a choice, but you can't win em all.

Don't go in for surgery unless you have a serious issue like the aforementioned ones, its needless and you're wasting a lot of money.

Unfortunately it's my nose that's the problem! I have a long thin nose with a bump and I think it ruins my entire face! I thought getting a skinnier waist and rounder bum may detract attention from it but it would seem not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yeah I agree with the above ^

I don't think it's as clear cut as body vs. face. I think it's just about raising your stocks. So even if you've got a 'bad' face, if you've got a nice body, nice hair, wear nice clothes, make the best of yourself, have a decent personality, good sense of humour, good hygiene... well that all helps raise your level. I'm a straight girl, but I find it really attractive if a guy's not so good looking but doesn't let it dog him down, and he does stuff to better himself in a superficial way. Nothing worse than someone who moans about being ugly and no one liking them but don't look after themselves.

Don't sex yourself up too much though, ie wear no clothes and ****loads of makeup, unless you just want sex and to be seen in a sex object kind of way, because that's how guys will treat you.
Reply 5
Honestly, its the whole package that's important, not one individual attribute.

So yes, working on your body will help, but things like personality are just as vital - confidence goes a long way, as does a qwerky sense of humour.

Keeping fit should be encouraged, its good for your health as well as making you more desirable, but don't think its going to cure all your dating ills if you're shy and not putting yourself out there. When was the last time you asked a guy out? It's the 21st century, no need to wait around for someone to make the first move.
Reply 6
Face really. You can always change your body, but if you're clapped, you're clapped for life unless you opt for surgey.
Reply 7
Face
makeup and surgery in my opinion make u look worse though. As long as there is no chemicals on ur face and ur not too fat then ur good.
Her Heart <3

Spoiler

Original post by hermitthefrog
Unfortunately it's my nose that's the problem! I have a long thin nose with a bump and I think it ruins my entire face! I thought getting a skinnier waist and rounder bum may detract attention from it but it would seem not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's much more to a face than a nose :smile: you might be better looking than you realise. A thin nose is good isn't it? Better than a wide one!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hermitthefrog

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me, there are a lot of women who may have a slightly not so nice nose that kind of makes their face not look as nice, but if the body is great, there'll be more than enough attention from whatever gender you want it from for you to be bothered, if that's your concern.
It depends on the relationship to the girl really.

For a long term girlfriend a pretty face is much more important to me as it's a persons face you really fall in love with. I actually would prefer a 'normal', petite body to one with huge knockers and bum for a wife anyway. Would be quite odd to have a wife with some Brazilian beach body for me. For a fling that's great obviously and you couldnt really care less about the girl's face in truth. But as I say, it's the face you fall in love with long term
Reply 12
It's a bit of both.

But as cringey as it sounds, personality works wonders for attraction to someone. A girl with a lovely personality instantly becomes 5 times more attractive to me. Unfortunately, it's rare that I come across one.

Choosing solely based on body/face - i'd probably choose body.
The feet
Reply 14
Face
Reply 15
No poll? I vote Face
Reply 16
Most of my guy friends would choose body over face any day if it was just a girl they just wanted to sleep with and have no feelings for.

Ergh so they'll sleep with a ugly girl with a nice body (HUGE bum) but they tell me they would want their girlfriend to hve a nice face and the body doesn't matter...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
I would say face is more important to me tbh. You can lose weight/change how your body looks without surgery etc but there isn't much you can naturally do about your face.

That said, I'm sure you're not as 'ugly' as you think you are OP. We're often most critical of ourselves, but most people have SOME nice facial features.
Reply 18
It all about total femininity and a bit of personal choice. I have always had a particular soft spot for plump girls with a pretty face and big roundy boobs. But don't get too hung up about looks.. All comes to those who a have patience and tenacity in my experience.
Reply 19
I think body is more important. Girls who have pretty faces but let themselves go are just the worst!
A good body reflects more on what is inside, whereas face is more genetics and chance.

Check these out though:

http://audreymagazine.com/korean-twin-sisters-unrecognizable-after-plastic-surgery/

I don't know if that's real but if you get your body in good shape and still decide you want to change the face. There's nothing wrong with surgery.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending