The Student Room Group

Body or face?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tai Ga
Face really. You can always change your body, but if you're clapped, you're clapped for life unless you opt for surgey.
Women have makeup though. For men, they are screwed.
Reply 21
Average face with a great body >great Face with an average body IMO
(edited 9 years ago)
both tbh, also most people think they are uglier than they actually are
Reply 23
I wouldn't date a girl without a face, but saying that I wouldn't date a floating head either.
Face.

Most people with nice face and facial structure will not have excess fat on their body.

I like booty tho, but it's face first, booty second and the upper body third.
Reply 25
Original post by hermitthefrog
Unfortunately it's my nose that's the problem! I have a long thin nose with a bump and I think it ruins my entire face! I thought getting a skinnier waist and rounder bum may detract attention from it but it would seem not!

It's not only about being slender and having a tighter bum: you also need to highlight these aspects well with what you wear. Losing weight and gaining a trimmer body is often quicker than gaining the dress sense to go with it, regardless of your intention.

I'm not a clothes person so can't advise. I just know that one girl in a pair of jeans and a floppy jumper can somehow look fit and trim, while another in similar clothing can somehow manage to look frumpy and unspectacular even though they might have the same measurements. Posture and walk is part of it, which is where I have helped people: when you are used to carrying too much weight, you learn to walk and hold yourself differently rather than allow yourself to float and your inner confidence to show outwardly (and that has nothing to do with high heels!).
Original post by jam277
Face.

Most people with nice face and facial structure will not have excess fat on their body.

This is what I was thinking too.

There's pretty much a limit to how bad one's body can be if they have a genuinely great face. Like you said, they wont be carrying much body fat or be too underweight.
At worst they'll look good with clothes on, and less good (but probably still decent) without them.
Maybe 'skinny fat'. But, they'd have a great face.

Whereas one can have the best body around, and though their face will look better for the low body fat etc., if they're 'ugly', they'll still be pretty ugly.
Unless she's ugly, face doesn't matter. And unless she's anorexic or fat, body doesn't matter.

Personality is what counts
A good face is better than a good body. I would like to show my friends what my partner looks like with their face not with their body.

I personally believe someone's face is part of their charm and personality. For example, the person I am seeing their face is cute happy and joyful: just like their personality.
Original post by Budashra
Average face with a great body >great Face with an average body IMO

This, 100%.
I always thought that pretty much if you have a nice face, it will make up for any dodgy parts of your body, and if you have a nice body, it'll make up for any dodgy parts of your face. I don't think it's an black and white scenario as there's really great parts of a persons appearance that will make up for their bad ones :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest