The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Accommodation 2014/15

The only thread I could find was from 2012, so I thought I'd starts a new one.
I just firmed my offer from surrey and have no clue which accommodation to choose.
I think band d or c.
I was wondering if anyone from the uni could shed some light on what the rooms and atmospheres really like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Bubbles1994
The only thread I could find was from 2012, so I thought I'd starts a new one.
I just firmed my offer from surrey and have no clue which accommodation to choose.
I think band d or c.
I was wondering if anyone from the uni could shed some light on what the rooms and atmospheres really like?

Im going to go for band D. What course are you going to be studying?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by shan123456
Im going to go for band D. What course are you going to be studying?

I put band d as my first choice and c as my second. I'm doing biomedical science, what about you?
Reply 3
Original post by Bubbles1994
I put band d as my first choice and c as my second. I'm doing biomedical science, what about you?

Ah nice :smile: Do you have to pick a campus? I haven't applied for mine yet. I am going to be doing mental health nursing.
Reply 4
I also firmed my offer from Surrey and I'm not sure what to choose... I think Band C would be better, because it's cheaper and I won't have to clean the bathroom :biggrin:
I chose band C as my first choice because all of it is on the Stag Hill Campus. Then I put D,E,B,A (Budget), A (Shared) and finally F. REAAALLy hope I get either C/D though because I don't fancy paying out extra for a bigger room (being the youngest child I'm used to getting stuck with a small room haha) Anyone else doing Physics?
Reply 6
I've firmed Surrey for child nursing and got this dilemma about accommodation. I'm not sure whether I want to risk not being on campus and going for band D or be more likely to be on campus and go for band C :frown:
Reply 7
I put C D E A-budget B A-Shared and then F... Had hell to choose between C and D but finally went for C for the sake of on-campus. I'm an international postgrad so guess I don't have much chance to get an on-campus band D. Besides, I think maybe I made a mistake to put A-budget before band B as I thought if I ended up with hazel farm at least I can save quite a lot of money by living in band A, and then I realised band B has a great chance to be on campus rather than in hazel farm. Hope I can get C/D as I wish and won't be allocated to hazel farm...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I've just firmed Surrey as well, to study Medical Engineering... nice to see there's loads of sciencey people here!
I'm gonna go with C as me first choice, it's more affordable ^.^ I'm hoping to either end up in Surrey or Battersea Court, they've got wash basins in the rooms and there's 14 ppl per flat. Hopefully a good social lot haha
Hey Everyone :hello:

My name is Natasha and I applied for D,C,B,E,A,F. I am studying Midwifery September 2014 and am hoping to further my education and do Medicine afterwards to become an obstetrician (doctor for pregnant women). I am so excited :beer:. I had a difficult time deciding between C and D and went back and forth at least 20 times but as I am going to be on placement at hospitals I wanted to ensure that I made the right decision by not waking people up after I come back from shifts at 5am in the morning :colondollar: so finally chose D!!! :bigsmile:

I am so excited for freshers and its fine I'll still meet all you people no matter where I live :excited:

See you in September where the majority of us are going to be drunk for the first two weeks of FRESHERS!!!! xxx
Reply 10
I hated putting the preferences...I wanted D so put that as first. I cant remember what my other preferences were.
Reply 11
Is anyone staying at Hazel Farm? How far is it from the university?
Original post by Lexie17
Is anyone staying at Hazel Farm? How far is it from the university?

It's about three miles I think, quite a trek to get to!

My advice, avoid Hazel farm if at all possible! Or unless you have a specific need to be there.
Original post by Natasha A*
Hey Everyone :hello:

My name is Natasha and I applied for D,C,B,E,A,F. I am studying Midwifery September 2014 and am hoping to further my education and do Medicine afterwards to become an obstetrician (doctor for pregnant women). I am so excited :beer:. I had a difficult time deciding between C and D and went back and forth at least 20 times but as I am going to be on placement at hospitals I wanted to ensure that I made the right decision by not waking people up after I come back from shifts at 5am in the morning :colondollar: so finally chose D!!! :bigsmile:

I am so excited for freshers and its fine I'll still meet all you people no matter where I live :excited:

See you in September where the majority of us are going to be drunk for the first two weeks of FRESHERS!!!! xxx

Hey is your course getting paid for by the NHS? :smile:
Original post by shan123456
Hey is your course getting paid for by the NHS? :smile:

Hi, yes they are paying for my course and giving me £8000 to study as a bursary and scholarship. What about yourself? xxx
Original post by Natasha A*
Hi, yes they are paying for my course and giving me £8000 to study as a bursary and scholarship. What about yourself? xxx

Mine is getting paid for to, but the application for bursaries and grants with the NHS is confusing me. Do you know how to do it? Xx
Hi. Ive confirmed Surrey, doing adult nursing. Just wondering what campus is near the nursing building, anyone know? Also do you have to pick a campus or just the band?
Original post by ZKitchener
Hi. Ive confirmed Surrey, doing adult nursing. Just wondering what campus is near the nursing building, anyone know? Also do you have to pick a campus or just the band?

The university only has one actual campus. There's also manor park which has a fair amount of house and is off of the main campus, but in terms of actual campuses, it's just the main stag hill one.
Reply 18
Is anybody staying in a band A duplex room? Or can anybody tell me more about it?
Original post by Lexie17
Is anybody staying in a band A duplex room? Or can anybody tell me more about it?

They're the cheapest option, but also one of the least popular. In general people don't like sharing rooms if they can avoid it.

They're generally two levels, with a small staircase in between the rooms, but no actual physical divide/wall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending