The Student Room Group

Where is better to study?

Hello,
I've got offers from SCAD and from Glasgow School of Art. I started thinking about which uni I shall put as my firm and insurance choice.I want to study architecture but with an artistic approach.

SCAD is a very creative university in USA savannah,Georgia and GSA is very artistic an is in Glagow,Scotland

Could you all give me some advice please?Where is better to study?where is better to work as an architect UK or USA? Thanks in advance
Always thought US uni's are more expensive than UK ones even with the increase in fees. GSA has a good well known reputation but living/studying somewhere warm must be nice :smile: Tend to need US residency/citizenship for the US or Work Visa which can be real hard to get for foreigners as companies have to state/show that they can't hire US citzens/residents. Studying as a student is ok though as a foreigner, but I think there are only a few US schools that are joint US/UK RIBA accredited so if you qualify in the US you may have problems if you want to practice here or practice there if non-citizen/resident or can't get work visa. Also hear it is even more of an ordeal to get full Architect status there than it is here. Loads of post qualification eams etc. and so with course very expensive. Studying in the US sounds nice though. Wish they would make it easier for UK citizens to work/reside over there though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending