The Student Room Group

applying to 2 different universities in 2 years

hi all, i am currently undecided between LSE's accounting and finance course, and cambridge's, economics course.

If i apply to lse this year, and i do get accepted and i apply for a gap year, is it possible for me to apply for cambridge next year through UCAS? will this decrease my chances of getting into cambridge, or if LSE finds out, will they remove my spot in the university?
Original post by akwx
hi all, i am currently undecided between LSE's accounting and finance course, and cambridge's, economics course.

If i apply to lse this year, and i do get accepted and i apply for a gap year, is it possible for me to apply for cambridge next year through UCAS? will this decrease my chances of getting into cambridge, or if LSE finds out, will they remove my spot in the university?

Pretty sure UCAS doesn't let you apply again whilst still holding a deferred offer
Reply 2
No, you cannot apply again while already holding an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have to drop your application,loose your deferred place and reapply with a totally new application - and there is no guarantee you would get the same offer from either of those Unis again.

If you really aren't sure that these courses are really what you want then its far better to reapply next year for what you DO want. Even if its a 'prestigious' Uni its no fun being miserable for three years and thinking 'if only I'd waited and applied to do that course instead'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending