The Student Room Group

Did you reach your aspirational grades?

This thread is for all those that have already sat their GCSEs or at least a Gcse. Did you get the target grades yoy set yourself? If so how and if not, what would you change?

Also, please post (if you want to) your preditions/ targets you set yourself for your GCSEs and what you actually got :smile:

Scroll to see replies

For my GCSEs I was honestly booking for all Cs, so I surpassed my expectations for all my subjects.
I got no where near what I was predicted. :lol:

I was predicted 7A*s, 3As and a B, thought I'd get about 5A*s, 5As and a B, and ended up with 4A*s 5As and 2Bs.
1 A was one mark off an A* and one B was one mark off an A, so I nearly got what I thought :sad:

I think I got a bit too complacent with a few exams and didn't bother revising for them. :facepalm: so I'd obviously revise them if I had the chance to go back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subject: Prediction Vs Actual

Mathematics: A* A*
English Language: A* A (Got a C in the reading paper... Kind of dragged it all down)
English Literature: A* A*
Biology: A* A*
Chemistry: A* A*
Physics: A* A*
RS: A* B (God knows what happened, see what I did there :lol:)
Welsh: C A
Media: A A
History: A A*
Art: C A
Photography: A C (:dontknow:)
Geography: A* A*
French: A* A*
Business Studies: A* A
Statistics: A* A (Both business and stats were messed up by school, because of the coursework element)

Perhaps I should have revised, but considering the school I went to (average grade was a D) I think I did decently.
Was predicted mostly Bs by the school, wanted to achieve all A/A*, ended up getting 4 A*s and 8 As.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought that I'd get a couple of A*s, mostly As and maybe a B and C. I thought I would completely fail English lang and lit. Ended with 5 A*s, 4 As and 1 B.
Original post by L'Evil Fish

English Language: A* A (Got a C in the reading paper... Kind of dragged it all down)
Statistics: A* A (Both business and stats were messed up by school, because of the coursework element)

Perhaps I should have revised, but considering the school I went to (average grade was a D) I think I did decently.

You did 16 gcse's :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSEs... better than I expected tbh.

A levels... thought i could've got a grade or two better but given where I ended up I can't complain can I :tongue:
Original post by noshahmad
You did 16 gcse's :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welsh Baccalaureate too...

And AS History (wanted the A, got a B) and A2 Maths (wanted the A*, got an A, so resitting a module)

My school just thought they'd abuse me to raise their points. Made me lose out, I'd rather have had 12/13 A*s

Original post by Bulbasaur
GCSEs... better than I expected tbh.

A levels... thought i could've got a grade or two better but given where I ended up I can't complain can I :tongue:

Don't think you can no :tongue:
Welsh Baccalaureate too...

And AS History (wanted the A, got a B) and A2 Maths (wanted the A*, got an A, so resitting a module)

My school just thought they'd abuse me to raise their points. Made me lose out, I'd rather have had 12/13 A*s

Don't think you can no :tongue:

you must be insanely clever, and then there's me struggling to get A* in my 10 GCSE's :/
you must be insanely clever, and then there's me struggling to get A* in my 10 GCSE's :/

I've seen you around, I'm sure you'll get your 10 A*s
I've seen you around, I'm sure you'll get your 10 A*s

i highly doubt it, perhaps in everything but Spanish
seen me around? :confused:

One word: Incredible. :congrats:

You well and truly exceeded the average grade for your school - nice one :smile:
i highly doubt it, perhaps in everything but Spanish
seen me around? :confused:

Spanish, I can try and help, though my Spanish is kinda crap atm, but it's all about getting full marks in c/w. And then getting low as in exams :wink:

Yeah, I think I've seen your posts.
Original post by Lovinlife2
One word: Incredible. :congrats:

You well and truly exceeded the average grade for your school - nice one :smile:

Thanks, I had to teach myself maths and the sciences and some others, because they only offered core and additional; but now they've introduced triple science because a group of us self taught it!

Thanks, I had to teach myself maths and the sciences and some others, because they only offered core and additional; but now they've introduced triple science because a group of us self taught it!

You're welcome :smile: Oh whoa, you did extremely well then considering you taught yourself maths and science! Ahh that's so annoying haha! But wow, you should be proud of yourself for doing so well at GCSE :smile: I guess you're now doing A level?
Predicted - Actual

English Literature A - A*
English Language A - A
Maths A* - A
Chemistry B - A
Physics B - B
Biology C - B
History B - A
Geography B - A
Spanish A* - A*
RS B - A
Art A - A*

I was pretty lucky considering our school has less than 50% of students gaining at least C grades plus the fact that my English teacher spent 3 months off leading up to exams so we had supply teachers :s-smilie:
I wish I'd tried harder in year 10 and gotten more A*s though, especially in English Language, maths & chemistry (got 100% in the year 11 exams but those bloody year 10 grades lowered it) but oh well :smile:
Original post by Lovinlife2
You're welcome :smile: Oh whoa, you did extremely well then considering you taught yourself maths and science! Ahh that's so annoying haha! But wow, you should be proud of yourself for doing so well at GCSE :smile: I guess you're now doing A level?

Thank you very much :lol:

I am now yes, got a scholarship so I'm at a private school, it's so different :rofl:
Didn't really 'aspire' as such for grades at GCSE, kind of just did them :smile:
Spanish, I can try and help, though my Spanish is kinda crap atm, but it's all about getting full marks in c/w. And then getting low as in exams :wink:

Yeah, I think I've seen your posts.

My Spanish was appalling, the first time i done a coursework i got a D but i retook and i ended up with an A overall so if i get 2 high Bs ill still have an A, ohhhh i see :biggrin:
Thank you very much :lol:

I am now yes, got a scholarship so I'm at a private school, it's so different :rofl:

Awh it's alright :tongue:

Ah brilliant, haha not surprised that you got a scholarship with smashing grades like that!
Ohh then did you attend a grammar or a state school previously?
Lol, do you like the environment in the private school? :smile: I got to a private school too :smile:

Quick Reply