The Student Room Group

HELP

Are Business Studies, Maths, Psychology and Religious Studies: Philosophy and Ethics the right options to take for A Level? I originally chose Business, Maths, Biology and Chemistry (to be a doctor) but I don't love science so I changed them, but I still want to be a doctor!
Original post by razb97
Are Business Studies, Maths, Psychology and Religious Studies: Philosophy and Ethics the right options to take for A Level? I originally chose Business, Maths, Biology and Chemistry (to be a doctor) but I don't love science so I changed them, but I still want to be a doctor!

Well if you want to be a doctor, you pretty much have to take Biology and Chemistry. Although I don't know why you'd want to be a doctor if you didn't like science.

No-one can tell you what 'the right' options are. It depends on your case. It depends on what you want to do later, for a degree or a job. Like I said, if you want to be a doctor, you'll need science.
Reply 2
Original post by PythianLegume
Well if you want to be a doctor, you pretty much have to take Biology and Chemistry. Although I don't know why you'd want to be a doctor if you didn't like science.

No-one can tell you what 'the right' options are. It depends on your case. It depends on what you want to do later, for a degree or a job. Like I said, if you want to be a doctor, you'll need science.

I wanted to be a doctor because I used to love science and I still enjoy it but I find it harder and I don't know if I'll get the right grades (I am currently on an A and I do separate science), but I've already changed my options and I'm thinking if it's too much to keep changing them
Original post by razb97
I wanted to be a doctor because I used to love science and I still enjoy it but I find it harder and I don't know if I'll get the right grades (I am currently on an A and I do separate science), but I've already changed my options and I'm thinking if it's too much to keep changing them

Better to change them before you start than end up taking the wrong A-Levels and only realise once it's too late. My best advice is to take the subjects you enjoy most. You'll try harder in those subjects, which will help you get the best grades you can. Also, you don't want to spend the next 2 (or even 5 if it extends to uni) doing something you don't enjoy.
Reply 4
Raz :colone: lol WELL you have wanted to be a doctor since like foreverrrrrrr so you know i would have said take a science BUT i think actually you are better at like business and you love maths so maybe something in that field is something you will find more fun :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest